We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

Which Chapel Hill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

We used to use Supershuttle to get my D from airport to campus and vice versa. Now I see they no longer exist in RDU. I found Skylink and Skyshuttle. Any experience with these? Is on better than the other? Supershuttle was easy to use/find and reliable. D also felt pretty safe taking them on late night arrivals.

new york
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

Anyone?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
159 reviews
2. Re: Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

No reply, just 1 review:

www.yelp.com/biz/rdu-sky-shuttle-raleigh

new york
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

Sophie, thank you for the link. I was surprised there were no replies with students coming into RDU for Duke and UNC.

I can advise for any future travelers that D used the service and it was fine. We were a little nervous because the pick ups were during off times, 4: 00 a.m. and after midnight.

They, however, do not have a desk as supershuttle did, so remember to bring the phone number just in case and reserve ahead.

Holly Springs
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

I arranged transportation w/ Sky Shuttle. on the date of pick up, i called my driver at 5:50 to let him know where I would be waiting to be picked up. He answered and said he was waiting at the front. I asked him if he could drive around to the side by the gates. He said he came to 1300. He called me back and again stated he was waiting at the front. That is 1300. I walked around to him w/ my luggage, coat and bags in the rain. He was very rude and did not help me w/ my luggage. While driving I tried to explain that I left specific instructions as to where I wanted to be picked up. He again argued that he picked me up at the address he was told. I said I couldnt believe he was arguing w/ me that I was the customer. He said well Im just a driver you need to talk to dispatch. I said I certainly will. He drove completely around the airport and dropped me off. He said it would cost 28.00. I said that was for a round trip and that I was not letting him pick me back up upon my return and that I have a quote one way is 20. He said he doesnt trust the customer he needed to call dispatch and kept on and on how he cant trust the customer. I said just call dispatch so I can get out of here. He again started so I told him if he was nicer and not such an Ahole the customer would not screw him over. He called dispatch and told them he had picked up the wrong customer, again blaming me. He hung up and told me $20. Said something about us damn Americans. I called him an Ahole and he called me a B____. I threw the 20. at him.

5. Re: Any experience with the new airport shuttles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 02, 2014