We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RTP for a Long Weekend with my Significant Other

Which Chapel Hill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RTP for a Long Weekend with my Significant Other

Hi Everyone,

We are coming down from DC for a long weekend and excited to spend the 3 days. Our plan is to spend 1 day in each part of the triangle. Short term goals are to get a feel for the area; things to do, shopping, good places to eat, parks, relax (spa?), have a drink, BUT really want to get a good feel for the area.

My question to you (taking everything above in :-), where would you go and what would you do to get a nice feel for the area and have a nice time doing so?

Jacksonville, North...
reviews: 97
1. Re: RTP for a Long Weekend with my Significant Other

There are many places to see and do in the triangle area (Chapel Hill, Raleigh, and Durham). I would recommend going to the campuses of University of North Carolina, Duke, and NC State. All these campuses are easy to get to, and you can take in the different atmosphere. Each campus offers its own flair, but if you are in the triangle area, the area is all college. Check those places out and enjoy.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 8
2. Re: RTP for a Long Weekend with my Significant Other

I'm not sure why you'd want to spend even one day hanging out at our various esteemed universities unless you have a particular reason to be there, but YMMV.

In Durham, maybe visit the Nasher Museum of Art, the Regulator Bookshop, take a hike at the Eno River, see a Durham Bulls baseball game or a show at DPAC.

In Raleigh, Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours are a blast and a great way to meet locals and determine restaurants and bars you want to return to. Depending on the weekend you are here, check out a First Friday Gallery Walk. The North Carolina Museum of Art and the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences are worth a half-day visit if that's your thing. If you want to cycle or run, check out meetup.com and see if there are groups doing what you want to do the weekend you're in town.

Others can speak to Chapel Hill/Carrboro.

3. Re: RTP for a Long Weekend with my Significant Other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 14, 2013