We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampico, Mexico
2 posts
2 reviews
Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

Unhappy with purchase of windchime. It was priced 178% higher than the same item online!

Do not buy anything at Topka, 25 Tinker Street, Woodstock NY. Things are overpriced.

Edited: 12:45 pm, September 19, 2013
5 replies to this topic
fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
43 posts
154 reviews
1. Re: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

I feel for you. I have also,noticed the shops on tinker st to be more even for the same item than manhattan!And we all know that nyc isn't cheap. You should call the owner and get a store credit

Tampico, Mexico
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

Store Credit is all Topka offers. Since I didn't want to buy anything else from them I emailed them asking for a full refund or for them to match the price I found on line. After receiving no response from them, I printed my email and mailed it to them with a note to "please respond". Over a week later the owner called, said she'd been on vacation and said she would give me a refund but not a price adjustment. Not wanting to risk further delays by mailing it back, I drove back to Woodstock (an hour drive) and received a full refund.

I then ordered the same windchime online and saved $23.57. It cost me my time and gas, but gave me a substanial savings.

It's too bad I'm left with bad feelings for the way this was handled by Topka, but I am so happy with my windchime.

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
3. Re: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

Everything on Tinker Street is overpriced, except maybe at Houst's. Woodstock a tourist destination, with homes for the quiet, but well heeled. If you want online prices shop online.

Edited: 10:20 pm, February 05, 2014
Rosendale, New York
1 post
4. Re: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

Topka has a lovely selection of jewelry, all beautifully made by different artisans, and all priced within reason. I'm not a wealthy resident of Woodstock, but when I want something special as a gift or for myself, I go to Topka, and I always find something nice that I can afford.

If you're looking for online prices for things available online, shop online! Topka is a small store, beautifully kept, pleasant to shop in, lovely items for sale.

Woodstock, New York
1 post
5. Re: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY

I've been making a lot of notecards that are for sale individually packaged at Topka, a shop owned by Bonnie Pass, who worked for years at Clouds Gaiiery before it changed ownership and who has lovely taste. In fact, most of the time that I deliver cards, I find something unusual at Topka that I just 'have' to have......and there goes my profit.....but heck, it's a great payoff.

Sylvia Ruth Weinberg

Reply to: Shoping at Topka in Woodstock NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted