We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kef / Parga

Which Agia Efimia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
algra
reviews: 30
Kef / Parga

Hi all

There is a chance I can have a 3 week hol next summer.

Would relly like to split the time between Ag Ef and Parga. How realistic is a transfer between these two places , prefer to fly but would use a ferry to the mainland. My ideal option would be to fly to and from Kef and then taxi transfer to Parga.

Thanks in advance

Al

uk
reviews: 2
1. Re: Kef / Parga

Hi,

We did this a few years ago.

We were staying in Skala and hired a car for a week. Drove up to Fiskardo and got the ferry to Vassiliki in Lefkas. Drove from Lefkas up to Parga (via Preveza) and stayed a few days. Then did the journey in return. Takes about 6 hours, including ferry crossings and is a pleasant enough journey.

The hire company were fine about taking the car off the Island but make sure you tell them. They will then give you emergency contact details for the other regions you will be in. I would imagine a return taxi would be hellish expensive.

Have Fun

algra
2. Re: Kef / Parga

Very many thanks for your quick reply x

Love both places , went to Skala in 09 , parga in 10 and Aghia Efimia this year.

It would be good to visit both in one hit !

My eldest had an emergency appendicectomy when we were in Parga ( Preveza hosp) and although we said thanks for the wonderful help andsupport at the time would like to say it again !

Diving is important so Ag Ef would be our base on Kef

Do you know how frequently the ferries are and rough cost ?

Drove on Kef this year but the drive from Preveza seems scary ( did it in taxi a few times when the eldest was in hosp )

Flights to Kef are local so sort of negate the cost.

Thanks again

uk
reviews: 2
3. Re: Kef / Parga

Hi,

As I remember, the ferry from Fiskardo to Vassiliki was around 11.30 am and not particularly expensive. Obviously, things have changed greatly in 10 years so I'm sorry but I can't give you more up to date information, apart from the fact that it is do-able. Check ferry timetables and costs.

The drive isn't bad - but if you were in a taxi I can understand how you were scared. When you drive at your own pace it's a different matter:-))

bristol
reviews: 12
4. Re: Kef / Parga

You may be able to get a ferry from Sami to Lefkas. There was a flight too which was not too expensive last year. Good luck. We were going to do the same last year but the ferries had all been stopped

Good old Sussex by...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
reviews: 14
5. Re: Kef / Parga

We're doing this next week - well a version of it anyway. Our plan is to use a car with a one way drop off after we leave the ferry on Lefkas.

Watch out for my trip report...

Mike

bristol
reviews: 12
6. Re: Kef / Parga

We were in Parga in the Spring last year and then Sept in Agia Efimia.

This year Spring in Agia Efimia and going back for one week next week but think one week there will be pushing it to get to Parga. Maybe a double next year.

Lancashire
reviews: 14
7. Re: Kef / Parga

Kalo Taxiidi Mike.Look forward to your trip report.

Algra - we're looking to do almost exactly the same trip but in May 2014, with one week in Parga and 2 in Fiscardo. So look forward to further info or your trip report too!!

algra
8. Re: Kef / Parga

Thanks all for your replies. Just hope it happens now !

Look forward to your report Mike

Algra

9. Re: Kef / Parga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia
Recent Conversations