We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Fenwick Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, Delaware
reviews: 16
Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

Does anyone know why Fenwick Towers is so popular? It seems like once people stay there they always want to go back. When I ask the answers are always so vague. The only answer that seems to make sense is that there is on-site property management. That is great since bulbs burn out and drains can get clogged with sand.

5 replies to this topic
Chattanooga...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

Having just returned from my glorious week there (and have been going for 25 years), it is because it is directly oceanfront, great management, very safe, family oriented and has a pool. The business/tackiness that is Ocean City seems far away but very close to go to if you want a brief taste or your kids are teens and need to bust out of the Fenwick bubble. My parents own there, and rent several units for all of their adult kids and grandkids every year. Our kids are all teens/young adults, and they insist on returning every year, no arm twisting. Mostly it is tradition and seeing family once a year (and we travel from Oregon, Vancouver, Tn, NY, there is no easy way to get there!)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
2. Re: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

BT

Sounds like you bought next door and are jealous. :)

or

The really cynical part of me wonders if actually you know each other and just want to get a mention. My cynicism seems more based in reality when you look at the 3 posts from the OP and lo and behold one of them is already a puff piece on FT using almost the same words that good old Jill uses who has been hanging around for a year just waiting to comment on this although her other 9 posts are about trips to other places.

or maybe Jill just got tricked and did not see that BT has 2 posts on the same topic on the same day.

and what makes this all the more interesting is that I don't even see FT listed on the FI lodging pages or any reviews at all.

I am really not a conspiracy theorist (although I did see JFK last week- didn't look so hot).

All of which should make anyone else reading this take what is said with a grain of salt (water?)

Chattanooga...
3. Re: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

gee, last time I post on TripAdvisor - and yes, you sound very paranoid. I've asked for info once on here (for Italy), and posted this one time. Literally just returned - so sorry you can't take good info as just that. And I hope you get to visit there, it's wonderful. And no, most of the units don't sell because people love it there. I was looking up previous sales for Fenwick towers because my parents are elderly and will have to sell some time sooner rather than later. And that will be a very sad day, as it is the only time I get to see my entire extended family. And since I don't hang out on this forum (for some reason I got emailed for replies) I would not have seen any other posts. Too busy enjoying life and planning my next trip. Hope you get to experience the beauty that is Fenwick someday - it may improve your attitude towards humanity. Adios!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
4. Re: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

Well Jill if I am mistaken then I sincerely apologize but still think bt is not an honest poster

Edited: 9:31 pm, August 13, 2012
Chattanooga...
5. Re: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE

thanks - I always take any post with a grain of salt. Guess I was still on my beach/family high.

Reply to: Fenwick Towers in Fenwick Island, DE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted