We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting?

Which Watkins Glen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland County...
reviews: 140
Wine tasting?

Hello.. I was wondering if the majority of the wineries offer FREE wine tasting or is there a fee to pay at most of them?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 92
1. Re: Wine tasting?

The majority charge $1.00 to $2.00 per tasting experience. This allows you 5 to 6 samples of their different wines. Although I do not recall the names of the wineries, there were some that charged nothing and I ran into one on Seneca that was charging $3.00. This was last fall.

New Freedom...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Wine tasting?

if you purchase wine, most wineries will put the cost of the tasting fee towards your purchase (at least around Seneca Lake)

Warrington, PA
reviews: 27
3. Re: Wine tasting?

Some wineries also offer certain wines for free tastings, but charge for tasting their more premium wines. Glenora is an example. Also, a couple of wineries give you the tasting glass to take home as part of the fee.

4. Re: Wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen