We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

Which Stone Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stone Town, Tanzania
Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

I'm looking for a rental apartment in Zanzibar. Would quite like to have two years in Stone Town . beach front of course would be ideal!

Does anyone have any information or places they can recommend to me. I will teach for two years at the University of Stone town, and when i get off work, i can return to a beautiful home.

14 replies to this topic
Stone Town, Tanzania
reviews: 47
1. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

Ask at Zenji hotel, they have arranged an apartment to volunteers on some project. Apartment they use is few steps away from Mercurys bar just around the corner.

Stone Town, Tanzania
2. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

thank you for your information, can you tell me more details please?

Stone Town, Tanzania
reviews: 47
3. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

I just know the volunteers that are living in that apartment till the end of January, so its best if you contact the hotel who was arranging them the place. I will also ask one of the volunteers if i may give you their contact. Will send you private msg if they allow.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
4. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

There is a flat house or a room with kitchen near stone town (five minutes walk to the market) available. Private owner!

Zanzibar, Tanzania
5. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

you can get the contact of zent hotel on the site if you do not get it I will send it over to you.

6. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

Hello,

I am interested in renting the room with a kitchen for 6 weeks. Is it available now? What is the monthly rate? I am currently in Dar. Thank you.

Rachele

Zanzibar, Tanzania
7. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

Hello Rachele,

the room with kitchen is available next time. For further information please contact me by email: mkunguni@web.de

London, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

I am American presently working in Canada . I stayed at Mkongwe family home for the month of April in 2011 - for a long deserved holiday - after seeing their site on the web and reading all the fabulous recommendations. I knew immediately I made the right choice once arrived. I also knew all the recommendations were true! It is truly a second home - clean spacious rooms, a tidy home, reasonable rates, and interesting people, of all ages, coming and going whether for a few days or a few months. Mkongwe lives on a quiet street, but with the necessary shops and bus stops nearby, and the heart of Stone Town only a 4 minute walk away. She lets you come and go as you please, but is always ready to help you find your way , or just to have a chat in between sight-seeing. I long to return to Mkongwe's home, and when I do, I won't even bother to investigate elsewhere (and I'm sure she has many many people the same! I have so many memories of this amazing city - the Swahili language, the life, and a couple of good friends . See you again soon,their email info@thehotelszanzibar.co.uk

Edited: 2:42 pm, April 21, 2013
London, United...
9. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

I am looking to rent a self contained property in Zanzibar. I want to start a small business where I can work from. Any information on business or rental properties most welcome.

London, United...
10. Re: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town

Can you send me the details please, my email parveezladha@hotmail.com

Reply to: Long-term renting an apartment in Zanzibar's Stone Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted