We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kempinski Resort

Which Baie Lazare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, UK
reviews: 1
Kempinski Resort

Hi, we are looking at booking the Kempinski Resort as there are some great rates on at the moment. I am unsure whether or not to go for the half board option. Can anyone tell me if there are many places to eat formal/informal outside the resort?

Thanks in advance :-)

6 replies to this topic
Stratford-Upon-Avon
reviews: 6
1. Re: Kempinski Resort

There are always plenty of places to eat, but given the dark roads at night i would say hire a car and it gives you the option of driving further afield.

Chez PLume at Anse Boileau is a lovely place to eat for dinner, they do great seafood and steaks (French/Seychellois cuisine).

There used to be a place just outside the resort that got good reviews, i'm not sure if its still open given the resort has been closed for a few years and i cant remember if it was open last time we drove past.

There is Lounge8 which is just over the hill on La Misere, great burgers on Eden Island (if you want a break from local cuisine) Anse Soleil cafe for possibly the best Octopus curry you will ever have too.

Jardin du Roi does good creole style food too.

The anchor cafe is not far away for a good cheap fish and chips lunch too.

If you dont mind the drive La Scala is my favourite on the whole island, at Bel Ombre. They do a smoked sailfish tagliatelle which warms the soul!

Nottingham, UK
reviews: 1
2. Re: Kempinski Resort

Thanks for your reply - what sort of prices are these places? Also, what is the cost of alcohol on the island?

Milan, Italy
3. Re: Kempinski Resort

Hi, i just book for this resort wich seems very nice:)

reviews: 2
4. Re: Kempinski Resort

Hello,

We are keen fishermen and are planning to stay at the Kempinski for 4 nights. can you tell me if there are any good fishing or fly fishing spots close to kempinski and the costs of fishing please.

thanks

Victoria, Seychelles
5. Re: Kempinski Resort

Hi NFFC

I feel that the food and drink prices of the Kempinski are a little too high when compared to the local restaurants and beach cafes you can find nearby. Do consider hiring a car even for a couple of days to couple the entire island and this will allow you to get out to eat etc.

Just a few ideas of places to eat at that are close by:

There is Chez Julian or also know as Anse Soleil Cafe. They take their last kitchen order at 7pm so it is an early dinner option. They are located right on the Anse Soleil beach. Now the owner is a character and he can be either charming or downright rude!

Marie's Cafe is open for lunch and dinner and closes after 9pm. You can walk right down the beach to her but you will need a touch. She has hot rocks that you can cook your dinner on. Prices are very reasonable indeed.

There is also the Four Season Hotel and you can book to eat there as an outsider guest. This is a 5 star hotel so the prices will match the Kempinski.

Anchor Cafe is open from 3pm to 9pm but closes on Sunday. Very good value for money and do try their blackened fish.

There is also Opera for pizza right next to the Anchor Cafe.

Further away is Chez Plume which is just wonderful. They are closed on Sundays but open for dinner the rest of the week. Very good prices and you will get good service too.

I would suggest you buy your alcohol at Duty Free if you wish to enjoy a few sundowners as paying in the hotels or restaurants the prices will vary.

At the hotel you will pay about 155SR for a Seybrew (local beer) but at the other restaurants you will pay about 42SR.

A glass of wine will be between 55 and 85SR at the restaurants.

Hope this has been of some help to you.

Victoria, Seychelles
6. Re: Kempinski Resort

Hi Controlski

For fly fishing you need to go to Anse La Mouche and head out opposite the Anchor Cafe. Or else the Pointe au Sel area. You would be just opposite the Castaway Lodge.

For Fly Fishing I would highly recommend Bruce Horner and you can find him on Castaway Lodge. He will be able to help you with the rates.

Bruce will also be able to help you with fishing as he runs a charter company.

The fishing areas do change due to the seasonal wind changes.

Reply to: Kempinski Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baie Lazare