We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Which Imlil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Mount Toukbal in June 2013. However we are wondering if it would be possible to trek to the top of the mountain and back down again all in 2 days? So leave the guesthouse early on day 1, reach the Koubkal refuge for a overnight stay and then go for the summit very early on day 2 and then back down to Imil before the end of day 2. Looking at these timescales do people think that this is possible?

The group will consists of 10 men, good fittness levels, age range will be from 23-35.

Thoughts anyone?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Yes that's doable. Some people even start and finish in Marrakech!!! But it's far more sensible that your guesthouse starting point is in Imlil so that you have the chance to acclimatise overnight at altitude (1700m). Handy website: http://www.imlil.org

Water is the heavy item but your route from Imlil will take you past Armed (aka Aremdt) where there's a couple of shops for water and snacks, then there's more shops at Sidi Chamrouse where you can top up. There's also likely to be some enterprising guys further up with bottles of coke cooling in spring water at two or three times the normal price (but it's worth it).

The two refuges are at just over 3000m and it's normal to leave at first light (i.e. before actual dawn) so that you are climbing in the cool of early morning.

Some pics of the Imlil area on posts #12 and #13, morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Edited: 6:04 am, December 06, 2012
Manchester, United...
2. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

cheers, thanks for the quick reply and useful comments.

3. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:03 pm, December 24, 2012
somewhere near...
reviews: 38
4. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Great information Tim - thank you.

I'm trekking to the summit of Toubkal in a couple of weeks for atfalouna-marrakech.

Me & nine other 40 - 62yr olds!

Some superfit (not me.)

Some unfit (yep - me!)

Possible? Should be - we're going for 4 days flat!! :-)

Niki.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
5. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Good show. Trekking poles are useful on the scree slope otherwise it's three steps forward, two slides backwards.

Keep an eye on the weather forecast which is available for various altitudes at mountain-forecast.com/peaks/…4167

Currently -14C with wind chill, so wrap up warm!!

somewhere near...
reviews: 38
6. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

Really useful link - thank you, Tim.

7. Re: Trek Mount Toukbal in 2 day flat... Is it possible ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, May 16, 2014