We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

Which Le Morne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Estoril, Lisboa...
reviews: 3
Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

Hi,

We are planning to go to Mauricius on our honeymoon on September this year. Our trip will start with 3 nights in Grand Baie and than 7 nights in Lux Le Morne (apparently one of the most beautiful beaches). Our dilema now is whether we should stay on a Half Board or All Inclusive plan... We would really like to try other restaurants (local food) than the ones in the hotel and I guess a good late breakfast and a nice dinner can be enough but at the same time we LOVE cocktails, I mean it's our honeymoon;), and since the price difference is 110€ day for both of us we are not sure if pays off or not...

If we chose the HB plan what are the prices for other restaurants and cocktails? Are there any restaurants/bars near the hotel or must we go to Mahenbourg? Would the Shandrani be a better choice?

Thanks a LOT

We are looking forward for this special trip!

Cheers

Cristiana & Henrique

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,113
1. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

I would go AI as its a bit isolated to try out local food. You will be reliant on taxis. Its better to try out local food in Grand Baie.

reviews: 9
2. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

im going to say ai we are currently at le victoria the food is total awsome and the drinks package too ive only eaten out once as we fear of holiday tum this was at le captaine in port louis and wasnt very inpressed with the food much better at the hotel by far and they cant do enough for you even stop you pouring your own water the meal in port louis cost me over £50 for 2 courses so go figure the ai covers everything apart from lobster (were i am )

London, United...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

We're here now at the Morne and had the same dilemma - we chose AI and are not regretting it, with cocktails and drinks generally £10 a time you' ll easily go over the extra cost - our dinner in the Thai last night came to £120 in itself and that was after several cocktails at the bar beforehand - add in the amazing food at the beach restaurant for lunch along with the obligatory beers to keep cool during the hot afternoons and you'll be up on the extra cost easily!!

Finally, there's no where close by to go and eat aside from the other hotels so that should be the clincher!

Enjoy!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
4. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

Steve - my recommendation was for Le Capitaine in Grand Baie, not Port Louis ;)

Estoril, Lisboa...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

Guys thanks so much, this was really helpful!!

We decided to go for the AI plan!

Cheers ;)

Cris & Henrique

6. Re: Half Board or All Inclusive in Lux Le Morne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 10, 2014