We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veranda Paul & Virginie

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
reviews: 26
Veranda Paul & Virginie

My wife & I will be staying at the Paul & Virginie for a week towards the end of September 2013 , could you kindly recommend some day trips during our stay , and is there a bus stop fairly close to the P & V. Could you also perhaps give me a rough idea of the cost of a day catamaran trip for the 2 of us and would we be picked up at our hotel.

Many thanks

Robin

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
reviews: 30
1. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie

Hi Robin

The catamaran trips mostly run from Grand Baie which is about 40 minutes drive from P & V. They cost in the region of Rs1200 (Mauritian rupee) per person which includes all drinks and lunch on board. You are looking at about Rs283 to R100 today. However, the Rand is taking a beating against the Rupee at the moment so the exchange rate isn't what it used to be. I don't think that this will include being collected at your hotel. Very good value for money, I think. You would probably have to go by taxi to Grand Baie to ensure that you are there for the 9am departure.

Have a look at this site. http://www.northviewtours.com/

There may be an operator or two who run trips directly from Grand Gaube but I can't give you details, I'm afraid. Hopefully someone who has first hand info will post on here. Chat to the guys at the boathouse at P & V, too.

I think there is a bus route close by which will get you to Grand Baie.

A lovely day trip is to the south and central parts taking in Chamarel waterfall, Black River Gorges National Park, Grand Bassin sacred lake and Trou aux Biche extinct volcano. We did this with Mautourco in 2010. It's pricey but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

http://www.mautourco.com/

Have a look at these two website for more ideas on trips and excursions.

Have a lovely holiday when it arrives! Wish I could escape this cold weather right now for sunny Mauritius LOL

Dee

Edited: 8:38 am, August 30, 2013
Cape Town
reviews: 26
2. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie

Many thanks for your help & recommendations Dee.

Can't wait for some warmer weather !!

Regards

Robin

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
3. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie

I stayed here a few years ago but we had a car.

There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel - it takes around 25/30 mins to Grand Baie.

There was a boat went directly from the beach which was popular but no sure about that now.

Edited: 9:45 am, August 30, 2013
4. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube