We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Mauritius

Which Grand Baie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
Air Mauritius

Hi there,

I've booked a trip to mauritius with Virgin Holidays but it turns out that we'll be flying with Air Mauritius. I spoke to Virgin about booking the seats but they say I have to do it on Air Mauritius website. Well, I hope Im not going blind but I cant find that option on their website at all. We're going next monday so I need to do it asap.

Anyone used them recently? I would be really thankfull for some advice.

Cambridgeshire,UK
reviews: 4
11. Re: Air Mauritius

When we wanted to go it was 4 hours stop over in Dubai on the way out and 3 hours on the way back, and as I've just come back from Dubai it didn't make any sense. All personal choices I guess.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
12. Re: Air Mauritius

RichnDebs,

EK have lots of combinations of stopovers to choose from and when I want a short one I choose that option and when I want a long stopover I will choose another....they have over 10 options that I can remember offhand.

If you go on a package tour they tend not to give you the best timings though.

I always book direct with EK. They have also been very good at changing my flights a few times on request.

I find EK cheaper at the moment than MK AF or BA.

Also I like to keep my silver status.

I have points with MK AF BA Virgin, but have got wise and if EK fly a route I use that!

Bronia :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 128
13. Re: Air Mauritius

Quite right Bronia. I use Emirates all the time too. I like to break the journey and the transit time is excellent for stretching legs and having that important drink in the lounge :-) Actually by the time you've gone through security and found the next gate sometimes there isn't much time waiting around at all.

Mazza :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
14. Re: Air Mauritius

Maz I was bad at security - we were running so late after being bussed to the terminal, then had to wait for 3 buses in front to disembark, then the queues were huge (they always are but tend to move fairly quickly)

Well, I just walked and "melted" into the front of one queue!

We were through in 3 minutes.

We tagged along with a group who were asked to go with a ground staffer (bound for Karachi - they were late) and we just dropped out conveniently.

I would never do such a thing usually but we had to pick up some duty free and then go to the lounge in T1.

I love EKs lounge but not so fussed about the business lounge at T3. Problem is its a hike as you know.

Bronia :-)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 128
15. Re: Air Mauritius

Strange isn't it how the queue varies? Last week there were only a couple of people in front of us.

Our problem was the gate for the flight to Manchester was at the far end of terminal 1, not a usual occurence so we didn't have that long to relax in the lounge.

That airport and airspace is way far too busy. Can't see it improving, rather getting worse.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
reviews: 101
16. Re: Air Mauritius

Jump the queue???????? how could you???

Cambridgeshire,UK
reviews: 4
17. Re: Air Mauritius

I fly alot through work via different airlines (Formula One) and therefore like to keep the flying to an absolute minimum. We just wanted to get to the beach as quickly as possible, so direct was best for us. No problem with Air Mauritius as a first timer with them.

18. Re: Air Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 25, 2013