We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife at Shandrani

Which Blue Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
darlington
reviews: 27
Wildlife at Shandrani

Hi guys, just wondered if there was plenty of wildlife to see out and about at the Shandrani, birds, animals, marine life etc? Any comments welcome.

Thanks!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 37
1. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

Shird what a strange question lol!

Loads of birdies and fishies and lizards.

Round my way I've seen tangues (Mauritian hedgehogs) mongoose, bats, hares and we have a couple of giant liazards about 2 feet long which are a protected species I understand and originate from Agalega. They bask on out front yard wall and are absolutely gorgeous.

At Shandrani I doubt you will have any wildlife - maybe feral kitties and doggies?

There are monkeys in the forests and there are also deer.

Still love your doggy!

Cheers,

Bronia :-)

darlington
2. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

Strange I know lol i was just wondering as we went to mexico last time and there was lots of different birds, racoons, lizards etc i was just curious if there was much wildlife at Shandrani as i love it lol.

Doggy was in the bad books yesterday, my fiance was away with work so she sulked by eating our post that came through the door! thankfully only bills!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
3. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

Haha my dogs used to do that too!Luckily the cat cant!

Yes the birds are very colourful in Mauritius, yellows and reds etc but don't ask me what their names are I'm hopeless! ;)

There have been sightings of a Hammerhead shark in Blue Bay Marine park quite recently.....a bit different! Sharks have been know to come into the lagoons sometimes to breed I hear. Nothing to worry about.

darlington
4. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

A little worrying! I was planning on snorkelling when i go but im not so sure now!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
5. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

Don't worry I think it was earlier this month and the resorts and authorities make sure its safe. If there was a danger they wouldnt allow anyone in the water I'm sure!

6. Re: Wildlife at Shandrani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Blue Bay