We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash or Card

Which Balaclava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jessieengland2
reviews: 5
Cash or Card

Hi is it better to pay for extras with cash or card,

do they ask for your card and charge every thing to your room ?

We are ai but wonderd for the spa etc thanks for any ifo /

111 days till we go lol

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
reviews: 30
1. Re: Cash or Card

Jessie, we usually pay for any extras by credit card at the end of our holiday. It's easier than having to make sure that we have the correct amount of Rupees.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
2. Re: Cash or Card

The hotel will take an imprint of your card when you check in as a sort of gurarantee you don't run off without settling the bill! Thats normal practice in all hotels.

Easier to settle the bill by card when you check out.

jessieengland2
reviews: 5
3. Re: Cash or Card

Thanks for the info, also when you check in is it better to book restrants straight away. Or is that to much when we first check in ?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
reviews: 30
4. Re: Cash or Card

The hotels we've stayed at don't have the restaurant bookings at reception. They are usually handled either at the specific restaurant or in some cases they do all the reservations at the buffet restaurant. I think leave it until you are settled to do your bookings. I find that I just want to unpack and relax on arrival.

5. Re: Cash or Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava