We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Maritim

Which Balaclava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
reviews: 19
Wedding at Maritim

Hi all,

We're travelling to Mauritius and hoping to get married at the maritim this year in Oct/nov. I was wondering if anyone who has been married there wouldn't mind sharing their experience of what it was like and any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

We've received a wedding pack with very little information, and our emails haven't been answered, does anyone have any more info about the Day Passes guests need to attend the wedding if they are not staying at the hotel?

Thank you in advance

Southampton, United...
1. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Hi harrods_1983. We got married there in Feb 2006, it does appear at first glance to be a little disorganised (as in, very little information pre arrival) this was my impression too initially, but don't worry everything runs like clockwork. A couple of days into the holiday you will meet with your wedding co-ordinator who will show you the various venues around the grounds you can marry, you will then go over the flowers/bouquets (colours/sizes/styles). You will then get a choice of where to have your evening meal, how many guests/ do you need to book the spa for hair/makeup etc....They really take everything off your hands. The only thing you have to do is go to the court house in Port Louis to sign various documents, and also the vicar who will be marrying you. This takes about half a day, but when you have got that over with the only thing you have to focus on is the day itself, honestly everything is organised for you, and if you have questions then just ask your wedding co-ordinator, they are all so helpful! We did not have guests from another hotel so this would be a question for the WC. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Plymouth, United...
2. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Hi CMBee,

Thank you so much for replying it was really helpful. It's a little disconcerting having so little info and I feel a whole heap better now knowing it's worked out for people in the end. If you don't mind, may fire some question your way at a later date. Thank you again.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
3. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Harrods,

I know you want everything to be just right, but believe me the Wedding Co-ordinators in Mauritius are highly experienced and know exactly what they are doing. They've helped with lots of weddings - its their job.

Eveything will fall into place once you arrive.

Incidentally the hotel had a massive refurb since CMcBee's visit, though wedding arrangements will be exactly the same s they outlined above.

Also if you trawl back through the reviews you'll come across other guests who married there.

Good luck,

Bronia :-)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 122
4. Re: Wedding at Maritim

We have a friend who was married at The Maritim a year or so ago and said everything went very smoothly, all arrangement were excellent, they are returning for their next anniversary.

Not sure about the vicar though, I thought weddings at hotels tended to be civil ceremonies, all the ones I've attended/seen certainly have been, religious ceremonies performed in churches.

Southampton, United...
5. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Hi Harrods_1983, Glad my experience was of help and reassurance. I will be only too pleased to answer any further questions you have. I noticed Mazza50 picked me up on the wording 'vicar' ...I think 'registrar' would have been the correct description/title....sorry about that??

If it is again of any help, we have been back six times and will be going again in May for my Husbands 50th Bday, and back for Christmas 2012. Obviously we love the place, and hope you will too!

Meath
reviews: 2
6. Re: Wedding at Maritim

I visited the maritim in November and while I can not advise you on the wedding side of things I can assure you that it is not a lax hotel, they are very much on top of everything and it is such a beautiful location. I plan to have a ceremony there in a couple of years at the chateau mon desir. So beautiful, the gardens and ruins are beautifully lit up at night too. Super hotel. Best wishes with the wedding :)

7. Re: Wedding at Maritim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:55 am, January 26, 2012
Braintree, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Hello harrods_1983,

Im getting married there in April 2013 and was also worried about the lack of information. Looking forward to hearing about your experience later in the year. Congratulations

Anita

Plymouth, United...
9. Re: Wedding at Maritim

Hi all,

Haven't been on trip advisor for a while, but just wanted to say thank you very much for all your replies. Still not heard much (or anything) from the hotel, but am having faith it'll be alright in the end, though still have a few more Qs i hope people may be able to help with later (...like what's the music like if you went with the hotel options for the wedding ceremony?) . The hotel itself sounds amazing and we're both very much looking forward to going there. Will update you on how it went and am definitely going to write a review when we get back.

Thanx again

Liz

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Wedding at Maritim

We are off there to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary in 140 days time! Yes... I am counting down the days!!

Get answers to your questions about Balaclava