We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 11
Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

Hey folks....

Wife, kids and I are planning on driving to Syracuse (from Ottawa) to fly from Syracuse to Fort Lauderdale (cruise) on the May long weekend and I'm wondering if it's best to drive down Thursday evening to fly out Friday and use a hotel P&F or use the airport P&F service?

Any benefits to either that greatly out weigh the other?

My original idea was to leave very early to try to catch the 12:50 pm flight but I'm nervous about border wait times.

Thoughts??

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 75
1. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

Do you have your hotel yet?

Ottawa
2. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

not yet...still looking

Scranton...
reviews: 69
3. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

There's a Best Western at the Airport.

Ottawa
4. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

Is the Best Western a good choice (other than being nice and close)?

Syracuse, New York
5. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

It is very close to the airport. I've never actually been in any of the hotels over there. I would probably be more comfortable telling you to stay at Carrier Circle. Also close with park & fly, plus there are several restaurants in walkable distance.

And to answer your actual question, I would use the hotel park & fly.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 6
6. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

check out the Candlewood Suites, nice property and close to the airport.

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 90
7. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

i stayed at the best western at the airport for a park and fly. you pay for the convenience. probably less expensive options in the area (north syracuse). holiday inn express on rt. 11. maplewood, ramada and a comfort inn on buckley rd. hampton inn. super 8 on 7th north street. all close to airport.

Dehradun, India
reviews: 17
8. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

How far is Syracuse from New-York ( Manhattan ) and what are the modes of transport available to reach there from New-York ?

Syracuse, New York
9. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

Easiest in my opinion is to fly. If you watch, you can get a round trip flight for $98. Driving is about 5 hours. You can take the train... You can take it directly or drive to Poughkeepsie and catch the train there.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
10. Re: Park and Fly - Hotel or Airport?

If you decide to do the airport park and fly we have had consistently good experiences with Americar, which is on South Bay Road just south of the airport exit. They have a shuttle which will drop you off at the terminal and pick you up on your return. Prices are cheaper than the airport open lot parking. They will also, for an extra charge, clean your car (outside and/or inside) or do routine maintenance on it while you are gone.

The nice touch of having your vehicle warmed up and cleared of snow (or cooled off in summer) is a nice touch after a long flight.

Their rates are $6.25 per day, compared to $8 in the open lot parking, and $10 in the airport garage, and then you have to lug your luggage to the terminal.

Details are here: http://www.americarsyr.com/

Hope this helps.