We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scam by HotelClub

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Scam by HotelClub

I booked this hotel by HotelClub.com.

But the receptionist refused to check in becaused the credit card provided by HotelClub was declined.

The hotel and I tried to contact the HotelClub during the stay, but failed.

I paid with my credit card to stay in.

As I contacted the staffs of the HotelClub many times, they just told me to wait for a while.

After 4 month, they still refuse to refund me.

Hereby I quote my e-mail to contact the HotelClub.

PLEASE DON'T BOOK ANYTHING THRU HOTELCLUB.

THEY MAKE SCAM.

AND THEIR CREDIT CARD IS FRAUDULENT.

-----Original Message-----

To: ****

Cc:

Sent: 08-01-18 13:03:21

Subject: RE: Refund?

Please see Marina’s message that was sent on the 10th December.

Apologies for this not reaching you in due time.

Dear ****,

I advise with much disappointment that the hotel has refused to refund your double charged booking. After numerous correspondence we have exhausted all avenues in obtaining a solution.

As I do not want to delay this situation to you any further I have issued a refund to your credit card. Please allow up to 10 days for this to appear in your account.

This situation will be taken further with our Product Manager and the director of the hotel, as we do not want such incidents occurring again.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and I sincerely hope that this situation has not deterred you from using our services in the future.”

The refund should appear on your December statement. My apologies once again, and hope that this has not deterred you from using our service in future.

Samuel Heffernan

QUALITY ASSURANCE CONSULTANT HOTELCLUB

HotelClub | Level 28, 680 George Street. PO Box Q773, QVB Post Office Sydney NSW 1230 Australia

p | +61 2 8263 5128 f | +61 2 9264 0429 e | charges@hotelclub.com | samuel.heffernan@hotelclub.com

w | HotelClub.com | RatesToGo.com | asia-hotels.com | ABN 85 092 445 442

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:28 PM

To: Marina Osseily (Galileo)

Subject: Refund?

Marina.

It has been a long time that I paid twice formy hotel room, i.e over 4 months, without refund from Hotel Club.

I'm really disappointed by the reaction of Hotel Club that it delays the refund and tends to ignore my complaints.

(please refer the below mail you sent me in September and October)

Having used Hotel Club site for a few years, what happened in last september scared me. How can a client rely on you guys and re-use your site?

Don't give the wrong or fraudulant card number to your co-operative hotels.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 07-10-12 09:46:35

Subject: RE: Refund timing?[Scanned]

Dear ****,

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in finalising your double charge issue for the above booking.

Unfortunately the situation has not yet been resolved with the hotel. I will continue my correspondence with hotel management to ensure this issue is remedied as soon as possible.

Thank you kindly for your patience in this matter.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Marina Osseily

Quality Assurance Consultant

Flairview Travel Pty Limited (ACN 092 445 442)

T: +61 2 8263 5128

F: +61 2 9264 0429

E: marina.osseily@hotelclub.com

W: www.FlairviewTravel.com | www.HotelClub.com | www.RatesToGo.com | www.asia-hotels.com

Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2007 7:45 PM

To: Osseily, Marina

Subject: Refund timing?[Scanned]

Dear Marina,

it has been far more than a month that I double-paid for my staying in Days Inn University - Syracuse (on August 31, 2007. I prepaid through HotelClub site in July) and still didn't get the refund for the double charge. There was not a minimum fault or mistake of my part and I don't understand why it takes so long time to get refund.

Could you please tell me when I can expect my refund to my credit card?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Solie

Cc:

Sent: 07-09-19 13:21:06

Subject: RE: RE: HotelClub Complaint

Dear ****,

Thank you, I have received the documentation you have sent in regards to your double charge.

I have now sent this evidence to the hotel and I am currently awaiting their response in regards to a refund. As soon as I receive the reply from the hotel, I will contact you immediately with the outcome.

Please note that on some occasions, investigations may take up to 4 weeks to finalise. I appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Marina Osseily

T: +61 2 8263 5128

W: www.FlairviewTravel.com | www.HotelClub.com | www.RatesToGo.com | www.asia-hotels.com

Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2007 12:58 PM

To: Osseily, Marina; customer_service@hotelclub.com; complaints@hotelclub.com

Subject: RE: RE: HotelClub Complaint

I scanned the receipt of my stay and the voucher with my booking id together, and am sending them to you now.

Please let me know how and when the problem would be solved.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your message regarding the extra amount charged for this reservation.

Please be advised that we will need to investigate this matter further, and contact the appropriate parties involved. To be able to resolve this matter in the fastest possible way we will require further documentation. If you could fax or email through the receipt from the hotel showing the breakdown of all your charges incurred it would be most helpful. Please attention this to myself on the below email or fax number. Please ensure to put the booking ID number on the document.

Once I receive this information I will be able to take this matter further immediately.

Kind Regards,

Marina Osseily

T: +61 2 8263 5111

Address: Level 28, 680 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia

Postal Address: PO Box Q773 QVB, Sydney NSW 1230, Australia

40 replies to this topic
Boquete, Panama
reviews: 57
1. Re: Scam by HotelClub

I had a terrible experience as well. I would NEVER use them again. They charged me for a reservation I cancelled saying that I never cancelled it.

What can you say about an online company that on its own cancellation page has a reason for cancellation that states "took too long to confirm"

Big problems with this outfit.

sydney
2. Re: Scam by HotelClub

This is not a scam.

It is quite clear if you read the email that this was a one off incident and that the hotel was in the wrong NOT hotelclub!!

Why are you calling this a scam when it is even clearer from the email that hotelclub is going out of their way to compensate and provide you with a full refund when the hotel is the one who wrongfully charged you!

Please see.."As I do not want to delay this situation to you any further I have issued a refund to your credit card. Please allow up to 10 days for this to appear in your account.

This situation will be taken further with our Product Manager and the director of the hotel, as we do not want such incidents occurring again."

HotelClub has done nothing wrong and this is far from a scam.

Also you might have wanted to try calling one of their nine global offices. Pretty sure that means they are easily contacted any time of the day anytime of the year in anytime zone.

Dont be so quick to judge and slander next time.

Toronto
3. Re: Scam by HotelClub

It happened in September, 2007!!!!

Now is it March, 2008!!!!

How can you tell me not to judge SO QUICKLY?????

Did I judge SO QUICKLY to wait for 7 MONTHS????

I ask to refund to me more than 5 times!!!!

Everytime they repeated to wait for a couple of weeks.

But NO REFUND AT ALL!!!!!

They are LIARS!!!!

4. Re: Scam by HotelClub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:55 am, March 17, 2010

5. Re: Scam by HotelClub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:55 am, March 17, 2010

Gothenburg
reviews: 1
6. Re: Scam by HotelClub

I can only agree. I was doubled charged by HotelClub and Kempinski Hotel in Dar es Salaam in early December 2007. Double charges admitted etc. in early Jan. But no money has been paid back yet April 29, in spite of a number of mails to both the HotelClub and the Hotel. None of my follow-up mails has been answered. AVOID HOTELCLUB - THEY ARE NOT SERIOUS!

Rush Green, UK
7. Re: Scam by HotelClub

I sympathise completely. The HotelClub 'model' is a nightmare. When I initially booked I was double charged. I emailed tham and fair enough they returned the money saying that there was a bug in their system - not ideal as their system is 'live'. Then I was bumped from my hotel the day b4 arrival. They told me replacement accomodation was available 5 mins walk from my intial hotel booking. As I was up a mountain when they had called me and the replacement sounded convenient I agreed to this. Lo' and behold the replacement was a B&B 40km away from the original booking. On returning home I checked my invoice and they have double charged me again this time for my replacement hotel. To recap - they bumped me, lied to me and double charged me twice. Months later and despite numerous follow ups I am still awaiting my refund. I am comtemplating legal action.

Durban
8. Re: Scam by HotelClub

All my email requesting a legit refund just get ignore.

I consider that bad business practise

Durban
9. Re: Scam by HotelClub

I do hope the hotelclub decide to sort out my refund

which do date is being ignored

Leeds
10. Re: Scam by HotelClub

I have had an awful experience with this company as well. I booked on Rates to Go which is a trading arm of theirs.

It was a complete nightmare. The hotel did not have our reservations for the first night but they luckily had a single room which we shared then we couldn't get in contact with the company for our last night's stay. After lots of calls they booked us in to a hotel which they told us was 10 mins away. It was 40 mins away and none of the taxis knew where it was so they weren't willing to take us.

We were basically shafted and abandoned for the night as it was 9pm local time when this hotel was 'found' for us and their offices had closed by the time we figured they had lied about its location. Utter disgrace. Never book with them again.

The operator even had the cheek to complain that the Italian hotel did not have any english speaking staff when they did yet when I asked a simple question she couldn't understand me.

Reply to: Scam by HotelClub
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted