I know this was originally posted a while ago, but wanted to add some input here just in case another reader comes across this thread.
First, there is one winery on Skaneateles Lake -- Anyelas http://www.anyelasvineyards.com/. It's relatively new, but offers excellent wines and beautiful facilities. If you are looking to do a Finger Lakes wine tour, I would stick with Cayuga, Seneca, and Keuka (mostly because of the critical mass of wineries there), but if you are in Skaneateles, its definitely worth a trip to Anyela's.
Second, there are a number of excellent fine-dining restaurants in Skaneateles. Here are my favorites (in order of preference):
1) Inn at Elderberry Pond http://www.elderberrypond.com/ - beautiful country restaurant serving gourmet dishes using organic and natural ingredients.
2) Joelle's http://www.joellesfrenchbistro.com/ - authentic French dining in an historic farmhouse.
3) Savor http://www.mirbeau.com/savor_mirbeau.html - French/new American at the Mirbeau Inn and Spa. There is also a very nice wine bar at the inn.
4) Sherwood Inn - http://www.thesherwoodinn.com/dining.html - comprehensive American menu with a focus on excellent meat and seafood dishes. There are two dining rooms -- a lively tavern area and a quiter dining room. Both serve the same menu, and both are lovely.
5) Rosalies - http://www.rosaliescucina.com/ - very good Italian food, although I sometimes find the dishes to be a bit heavy.
6) 1820 House - http://www.the1820house.com/ - very good American fare with French influence. Its a nice environment in an old farmhouse overlooking the lake, although I don't the space to be as refined as the others listed above. Also, food can be a bit heavy at times.
That's the extent of what I would consider "fine dining" in Skaneateles. There are many other restaurants, but those would fall into a more casual category. Among these, Kabuki is unfortunately not what it used to be since it reopened last spring. Also, there is a new restaurant, Moro's Bistro opening this spring, which has high expectations for adding an upper-middle tier option to the village.