We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Petite Maison - shelter island

Which Shelter Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
La Petite Maison - shelter island

Hello

We are making plans for our 5th anniversary and i came across a deal for

La Petite Maison - 31 West Neck Road, Shelter Island, NY.

But I am not able to find any reviews for the same and so would like to know if anyone has stayed there. How was the experience.

Also is the late May/ Early june a good time to visit shelter island

Thanks

CD

13 replies to this topic
NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

I think it's a new B&B that just opened. I just noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Looks fine. You can walk to crescent beach from there. It is across the street from the public golf course. Walking distance also to Maison Blanche and Sunset beach hotel and restaurant.

Late May and early June is good. Still quiet. That is a good thing. This means you can get a table at sunset beach if you want to.

Long Island
reviews: 6
2. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

It is a new hotel on the island. I am not sure if it is a B and B. I would not stay there, it is on a busy intersection of the Island. You would have constant headlights shining in your windows. I would check out one of the many other B and B's or hotels.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
3. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

It looks like a house thats been turned into a B & B. while it is a main road to Sunset Beach, the island is relatively quiet anyway. I. Guess it depends on your budget, the deal and your options. The season starts on Memorial day but it's still early in the season. Shelter Island is extremely quiet- for some dull. Depends on what you like. La Maison Blanche is an inn that opened a year or two ago near it but on a quiter stretch. You might compare prices.

New York City, New...
reviews: 16
4. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

I just realized that I booked this deal on Groupon thinking it was La Maison Blanche....oh no! I hope it is still nice.

Long Island
reviews: 6
5. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

It is definetely not La Maison Blanche. At Blanche, you would have a pool, bar, and restaurant. None of that at Petite.

New York City, New...
reviews: 14
6. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

La Petite is different than La Maison. Pretty close to each other actually. La Petite Maison is like a small house B&B. You can walk to the water from both. I'm guessing their profile will be on TA soon. I wouldn't worry about the noise. Shelter Island isn't exactly loud.

Edited: 3:28 pm, May 14, 2013
Shelter Island, New...
reviews: 7
7. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

La Petite Maison is on a very bust intersection with a bright light from the bank across the street. There is no pool. It is not La Maison Blanche. Make sure you request a room in the back so there is no traffic noise

Shelter Island, New...
reviews: 7
8. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

This was not me posting. La Petite Maison is a very nice place with lovely rooms and many amenities. Check out the prices between La Petite Maison and La Maison Blanche. La Petite Maison is a very small Botique Hotel that offers the best quality linens and bath accesories with a 24 hour staff that caters to you. They offer a contintal breakfast with coffee available in the foyer with pastries

9. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

Beware of purchasing a groupon...when you attempt to make a reservation you will learn that there are no dates available for the groupon. Apparently they kept a limited number (70 nights) for groupon and sold out very quickly. While they have rooms available, they will not accept groupon and will offer that you pay the full "upgrade", basically the rack rate for the room...they still show the groupon as being available....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
10. Re: La Petite Maison - shelter island

You should report this to Groupon.

Reply to: La Petite Maison - shelter island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted