We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage in Saratoga Springs?

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 139
Foliage in Saratoga Springs?

I've spent many falls in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine but have never visited Saratoga Springs.

What's the foliage like? Would a two-day stay in town give me a good sense of the community? I'm not into racing, so I'm not sure what else there is to do. I need to do some reading, but thought I'd reach out to fellow tripadvisor's.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 15
1. Re: Foliage in Saratoga Springs?

The foliage here is excellent and usually hits peak around Columbus Day Weekend. There are many great museums, restaurants, and taverns in Saratoga. Also, there are the usual fall activities like apple picking, visiting a pumpkin patch, and hiking.

I really enjoy seeing the fall colors on the mountainsides, and you won't get much of that in Saratoga. You could take a day trip to Lake George (30 min drive) and take a cruise or drive up Prospect Mountain to get some beautiful vistas. If you are a hiker, I also have some local recommendations. Just ask. HTH.

2. Re: Foliage in Saratoga Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, February 19, 2010