We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adirondack Hotels

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 39
Adirondack Hotels

I'm looking for a hotel in Downtown Saratoga Springs that will enable us to walk and explore the town. Something that is within walking distance of restaurants and Victorian Charm.

I don't mind if it is a chain hotel, because all we're doing is sleeping there for one night. Which hotel might have the best location. We're not interested in the races.

We're also looking for some great places to visit in the Adirondacks. We've never been in that area.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
1. Re: Adirondack Hotels

The chain hotels that are an easy walk to downtown are: the Holiday Inn ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/sgany… , the Hampton Inn …hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml… , the Hilton http://www.thesaratogahotel.com/ , and the Marriott Courtyard marriott.com/hotels/… .

Where in the Adirondacks would you like to go?

Are you a family with kids or an adult couple?

What are your interests?

Connecticut
reviews: 39
2. Re: Adirondack Hotels

We are just looking for a beautiful route through the mountains.

We would like to stay at small mom and pop hotels along the way. We don't need fancy, but we enjoy good food.

Saratoga Springs seemed like a good place to start and explore.

We are a couple with no children and need a four or five night get-a-way.

The Adirondacks must have a lot of hidden gems.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
3. Re: Adirondack Hotels

There are many beautiful routes through the Adirondacks with hidden gems, but I will not be able to help you with those. Probably the best way to find them would be to visit the forums you are interested in. The most visited places in the Adirondacks are Old Forge, Lake Placid, and Lake George. My favorite place to visit is Lake Placid. I usually stay at the Town House Lodge, which is very simple and clean and has a nice location. http://www.townhouselodge.com/

For a splurge and a romantic treat in Lake George you could try the Boathouse B&B in Bolton Landing or the Inn at Erlowest in Lake George.

The drive on route 73 to Lake Placid from 87 is spectacular.

Some lesser visited places that are quite beautiful are Bolton Landing, Blue Mountain Lake, Tupper Lake and Saranac Lake. HTH.

4. Re: Adirondack Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 16, 2010