We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montclair, New...
reviews: 6
Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

Looks like my husband and I will have a rare opportunity to get away without the kids :-). We are leaning towards Saratoga since we went once before and enjoyed it. I would also love to hit one of the spas.

We were about to book the Saratoga Hotel because of the location and a great off season rate and on site restaurant but when I went to book it today I noticed the rate went up $50 a night since Hilton added its name to it! It is still in the running but with the rate increase I am open to any other suggestions. We are pretty casual but would like something clean and convenient to shops/restaurants. We are not usually B&B people but I checked out the Saratoga Arms and it looks nice. It would be a total splurge so wondering if it is worth it. Thanks!

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 35
11. Re: Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

You won’t be disappointed with the Residence Inn. A friend of ours stays there every time she is in town on business. In addition to breakfast in the morning, at 5pm they have hot food/snacks and beverages (beer, wine, soft drinks and coffee) and always some sort of dessert. It’s a real nice place…new, clean and comfortable. The rooms are large with well equipped kitchenettes...they have a pool as well! I hope you enjoy your stay in Saratoga!

Montclair, New...
reviews: 6
12. Re: Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

Just wanted to post a quick trip report and thank everyone who responded. We wound up doing a day trip instead of overnight, opting to stay about an hour away near friends instead. I did check out the locations of the hotels for future reference and would probably try the Marriott or Holiday Inn for location, especially if we had the kids with us. RI also looked nice but is further from town, definitely not walkable. I actually think if it is just the hubby and I we might splurge and try one of the historic inns we passed.

Despite the cold temps, we strolled and shopped. I noticed the town has grown a bit since we were last there with more chain type retail as you enter town, but it is still a charming town. We enjoyed Mrs. London's for a light lunch and on a whim went to Cantina (Mexican) for dinner and really enjoyed that too. Unfortunately we did not do the spa this trip but we will definitely be back when the weather is nicer. I would like to try Max Londons which looked really good and maybe also the Old Bryan Inn for the historic aspect next time.

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 35
13. Re: Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

Yes, our city has changed dramatically over the past several years. Anyone who hasn’t visited in a while will be surprised how different things look. Unfortunately, large chain stores and greedy commercial developers have swooped in and are transforming Saratoga into something that many of us natives don’t want it to become. Oh well, it’s still a lovely place to live and visit!

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again; perhaps in the fall after the racing season. The city is beautiful this time of year (much more peaceful than the hectic summer tourist season).

Best regards!

14. Re: Hotel suggestions for weekend getaway late March/early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 13, 2009