We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saratgoa Springs in February?

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 2
Saratgoa Springs in February?

Okay I know it will be cold- LOL! - but my question is: my girlfriend and I are planning a "girls weekend" and are thinking about staying at one of the spa resorts in SS. My question is: are all the stores and restaurants open through the winter or is it quieter than in the summer? also: it appears that many of the "things to do" are seasonal - will we have anything to do other than eat and shop? Thanks!

Boston...
1. Re: Saratgoa Springs in February?

Things are definitely quieter in the winter. The summer has the track, concerts at SPAC etc. But the Saratoga State Park is beautiful in the winter. You can cross country ski, snow shoe, hike and it is very pretty. The downtown scene is quite lively all year long however with restaurants, music and shopping. Also Saratoga periodically has special weekends such as "chowderfest". You might want to check into a weekend like this. The Lincoln Baths are open all year I think. It is definitely a great weekend getaway choice all year long/

NY
2. Re: Saratgoa Springs in February?

Thanks for the reply! My girlfriend and I are NOT the outdoors type so the park and stuff like cross-country skiing are not happening - lol! But nice shops, restaurants etc. etc. are another story. Any other indoor attractions that are open year-round, either in Saratoga or nearby? Arts, museums, etc? Thanks!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 15
3. Re: Saratgoa Springs in February?

The Saratoga Springs Downtown Business Association sponsors Winterfest the first weekend in February (which includes Chowderfest, which is quite fun). They also have "First Saturday" every month that includes art showings downtown and in the Beekman Art District. There is a great Art Museum at Skidmore College (the Tang Museum), as well as the National Museum of Dance, the National Museum of Racing, and the NYS Military Museum. The Saratoga National Park/Battlefields is worth a trip (about 10 miles away in Schuylerville) and has a small indoor "museum" that is neat, but most is outside to see. Ballston Spa is a village that is great for antiquing nearby. Also, there are outlets in Lake George (approximately 30 minutes away). HTH.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 15
4. Re: Saratgoa Springs in February?

I just wanted to post the winterfest website in case anyone is interested:

www.discoversaratoga.org/winterfest/index.asp

5. Re: Saratgoa Springs in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 18, 2009