We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lockport
reviews: 13
Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

We are looking for a good place to take a college student to dinner - not too fancy, but preferably not a chain. Near RIT in Rochester, NY. Must have wide variety, i.e. burgers, steaks, typical American fare, etc. Pub-type atmosphere would be nice. Also, not too noisy so we can carry on a conversation.

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
reviews: 39
1. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

Given your criteria - near RIT, wide variety on the menu, not a chain, and pub atmosphere - that's a tough one. There are some bars/pubs in the area that serve food but mostly bar food like wings and burgers.

There's MacGregor's across Jefferson Road. Big bar, huge beer selection.

On RIT campus there is a development called Park Point with several restaurants (most of which are not what you're looking for, like a pizzeria and a Middle Eastern place), but there's a bar, TC Reilly's, that also serves food.

Most of the restaurants in that area are chains, unfortunately. How important is it to you that it be near RIT?

Lockport
2. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

Thanks for your ideas. It doesn't have to be right on top of RIT, even within a 20 minute radius would be fine.

Upstate New York
3. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

In addition to McGregors I'd suggest The Distillery. Here's a map of where they are (not a chain - just a local place). The closest one is Winton Rd, but the original one is Mt. Hope.

thedistillery.com/contactus/distillery_sport…

The best restaurant in Henrietta is a Thai place - The King & I. Not really a hang out place, but nice and great food.

Ummm, what else...Maybe Zebbs on South Clinton?

http://www.zebbs.com/

Lockport
4. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

Thank you. A co-worker also has mentioned The Distillery and it sounds like the kind of place a college kid would like. Thanks,again!

Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 16
5. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

TC Rielly's was pretty good when we went, but since it's attached to the campus, chances are good he's gone. I'd stick with the Distillery, or venture up and go to Dinosaur BBQ

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
reviews: 39
6. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

I knew somebody'd think of somewhere I hadn't. The Distillery is a good choice. And for a sports bar they have quite a big menu (though I'd probably go for the wings).

Upstate New York
7. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

LOL - I'd go for the wings too. And whatever Ithaca Brewery they have on tap. Yum.

8. Re: Dinner Ideas near RIT, Rochester, NY or Nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2010