We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oysters/Lobster

Which Riverhead hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
W'Bay
reviews: 32
Oysters/Lobster

My husband, son and I are in Long Island (Riverhead) and Manhattan from 27th May to 4th June. My son would like to try lobster and my husband fancies trying some oysters. Are these still in season and any restaurant recommendations (including price guide)?

Long Island, NY
reviews: 337
1. Re: Oysters/Lobster

You can go to pretty much any Long Island seafood restaurant and sample oysters and lobster any time of year However, there are reasonable prices and expense account prices. For a bargain on lobster, head to Port Jefferson and go to a not so fancy but popular seafood spot called The Steam Room. They offer a lobster dinner for $17.95. Again, it's no frills but it's lobster which is pretty hard to screw up. You can sample oysters there too. In Riverhead, you have Tweeds where you can try oysters but will come at a more expensive tab. For more casual in the Riverhead area, there's Lobsterroll Northside in Baiting Hollow. Hope this helps and enjoy the lobster and oysters!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
2. Re: Oysters/Lobster

I don't know of any great seafood restaurants in Riverhead. You'd be better either heading to the Hamptons or the North Fork of Long Island or have it while you're in NYC. The Oyster Bar in Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan is an iconic place to have oysters. There are also some good seafood places in the city like Mermaid Inn, Jack's Luxury Oyster Bar and Mary's Fish Camp. Details on

menupages.com

On the North Fork in Greenport, Claudio's is popular although I don't think it's all that good.

3. Re: Oysters/Lobster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Riverhead
More Riverhead Topics