We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splish Splash

Which Riverhead hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
reviews: 5
Splish Splash

As a Long Islander, my family has been to Splish Splash a number of times. I have great memories of visiting there on five or more occasions with our children when they were little. We always seemed to find a day that wasn't too busy--avoiding Fri-Mon, sweltering days (there's little shade there from what I remember) and days that we anticipated lots of camp kids (that's a crap-shoot though!!).

However, we haven't had the chance to go out there the past few years or so. Instead we chose to spend a day in Jersey at Six Flags for all the roller coasters(I had free and discounted tix through my workplace that made the trip worthwhile). Now, our kids are clamoring to return to Splish Splash --as they are too old now for Sesame Place (one of our favorites too!). I was disappointed to read all the negative reviews here on trip advisor...

I am curious to learn if the situation there has improved, or is overcrowding, line-cutting, under-staffing etc.still an issue??

So, if any of you have visited this water park recently and have current feedback, I'd be very interested to read it.

Thanks in advance!!

Riverhead, New York
reviews: 44
1. Re: Splish Splash

What negative reviews?? I'm quite surprised! I'll search it after I answer you.

My kids have season passes to Splish Splash and they LOVE it. Yes, it can get crowded, but we've not had a problem with under-staffing or line-cutting, etc. In fact, the only time I've personally encountered that sort of problem was Six Flags in NJ.

They keep making it bigger and better. Avoid the newest rides until later in the day...these tend to have the longest lines, but season pass holders, like my kids, go home for dinner and the park gets much less crowded later in the afternoon.

I think your kids would enjoy the trip.

2. Re: Splish Splash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Riverhead
More Riverhead Topics