We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting suny plattsburgh

Which Plattsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 2
visiting suny plattsburgh

I want to visit suny plattsburgh inb November with my kids-my eldest is thinking of going there-is there a good place for a family of 5 to stay-someplace nice with things to do. And withing driving distance to Suny. Thanks

Adirondack, New York
reviews: 88
1. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

In November? I wouldn't stay in Plattsburgh. I don't know of any things to do at that time of the year. Besides Plattsburgh is not famed for too many things to do anyway. Although students keep themselves occupied with many activities any time but I wouldn't recommend this town as a base for things to do around. I wouldn't even recommend visiting the Adirondacks in November. It is a beautiful area but so many people were disappointed when they arrived in November. Everything looks and feels different than at any other time of the year. Burlington is withing driving distance from Plattsburgh and is more attractive in November than any other place that relies on its natural beauty. Or you may stay in Saratoga Springs which is 2-hours away.

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

I think that I will check into Lake Placid, at least there will be great food. Any hotel/resort/spa suggestions- besides Mirror Lake which is way tooooo expensive for my beer wallet.

Adirondack, New York
reviews: 88
3. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

Golden Arrow, Courtyard and many nondescriptive motels. Remember, in November not all small establishments are going to be opened. Rates should be very low all around. Good luck

Roswell, New Mexico
reviews: 47
4. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

Oh lighten up. Plattsburgh isn't that bad. Otherwise, why would all the Canadians come here? I

Our nicest chain hotel is probably the Holiday Inn, but they have a pool, and there are a few restaurants that are pretty good. I expect you'll only be here for a couple of days to check out campus, anyway. You'll be about 2 mi. from campus. The Best Western and the La Quinta are in the same location, and both have pools.

You could stay at the Hilton on the waterfront in Burlington, but it'll mean an hour long drive and ferry ride to get to and from campus. You'll be near Church Street, but my experience is that my students rarely make it over there. Besides, isn't he checking out PSU, not the hippies at UVM?

Lake Placid is about 45 min away, and the drive to and from is quite nice. Most of leaves will already be gone, but you'll be able to check out the High Peaks area. You should be able to get decent rates at the Hilton or Golden Arrow since it's the shoulder season. Many more of my students make it up to Lake Placid since they can get cheap season passes at Whiteface.

Wilmington, New York
reviews: 3
5. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

In between Plattsburgh and Lake Placid is Wilmington, home of Whiteface Mountain. The rooms will be cheaper. Lake Placid is about 12 miles away, Plattsburgh about a 40-minute drive. If there's snow, the mountain might be open for skiing by Thanksgiving.

Try: whitefaceregion.com.

You can find out about the mountain, weather and lodging.

Plattsburgh's not so bad. Anthony's, Irises, Minnie's, and the Butcher Block are good restaurants. There are also several chain restaurants.

6. Re: visiting suny plattsburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 11, 2009