We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north woods inn:weddings

Which Old Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maine
north woods inn:weddings

I was hoping to find out if any one has ever had or been to a wedding at the North Woods Inn in Old Forge. I am looking for a place in that area with that down home kind of feeling that can also accomadate about 100-120 guests. It will be a laid back ceremony and reception, but want it to be nice as well. ANY feedback would be great.Thanks!!!

Queens, New York
reviews: 25
1. Re: north woods inn:weddings

I would not suggest the north woods in for a wedding.In my opinion it had no atmosphere.I would suggest for you depending on time of year hotels closer to the old forge town.like the waters edge or clarks beach motel for lodging due to them having a view of the town beach and the dinner cruise boat.I would rent the boat out for dinner and have a reception in one of the local parks near the ski and camping area or by the town beach if you would be allowed to rent a tent.the noth woods the forge inn and clarks beach motel are all close to town have indoor pools which I think north woods doesn't- you also have a few restautants in town like the old mill, and other or there is a nice bar and grill next to the town beach as well if you want to keep it casual.If yuu are having alot of people clarks beach which is my favorate place in old forge has 3 effiency suites to alot of family guests and the 3 suites they have 2 rooms hold up to 8 people and 1 suite for 4-5 people and alot cheaper then other motels in the area comtact ginny there shes great. the north woods in has honey moon suites. the north woods in is away fron the town less rustic and fun good luck just a suggestion.ther is also a campimg resort there as well that has cabins for rent.call up old forge visitors center and get the river cruise info there is also a wine tasting train ride to do there in the town.your guests will be board in the north winds more action in the town

2. Re: north woods inn:weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Old Forge