We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini in July (Thira or Perissa +islands?)

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 42
Santorini in July (Thira or Perissa +islands?)

Hello!

I am planning a trip to Greece with a two friends of mine. We are flying to Santorini in July (landing 11th @ 3am) and will eventually end in Athens for our return flight in the start of August.

Since it is a three week trip and we are all students (18-19 yr) we are trying to find cheap accomadation. We expect three nights on Santorini before taking a ferry to Ios.

I would really like to see Thira, but the girls have been looking ad hotels in Perissa. Is that an interesting place, and is there young people? Or is it all about the beach?

Any hotels, place or things to do you can recommend?

Any other greek islands we should stop by on our trip?

11 replies to this topic
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
reviews: 408
11. Re: Santorini in July (Thira or Perissa +islands?)

Fira and Perissa are totally different.

Fira is the main town with some nice back streets and a great view over the caldera. It also contains many restaurants and some clubs. It and Oia are the honeypots that attract all the cruise visitors.

I would be surprised if any cruise passengers make it to Perissa unless by accident. It has a reasonable black sand beach and it used to attract a young crowd with cheaper studio based accommodation and much cheaper restaurants than the caldera rim honeypots. You will find that there is quite a lively bar scene with cheaper drinks than in Fira or Oia. You can take the regular bus in from Perissa to the other two. Consider stopping off in the nice village of Pyrgos on the way.

Reply to: Santorini in July (Thira or Perissa +islands?)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted