We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Thomas
Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Hi All!

Would anyone be able to tell me if it is better to stay in Fira town or Kamari? I'm a young woman travelling alone and I'd like to have easy access nightlife, shopping, and good restaurants. Thanks!

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Both villages have excellent nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Fira gives you the benefit of being centrally located on the island with the island's bus hub at your disposal.

St. Thomas
2. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Thanks so much for the advice. One more question though...if my hotel doesn't offer shuttle service from the ferry, approximately how much is it to get from the ferry port to Fira?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
3. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

€2.2 by bus and €15 by taxi. The advantage of a taxi is if your hotel is on the cliff they will take you as close as possible and if you give them the phone number they will call ahead so someone will meet you to carry your bags. If you take a bus you will still have to make your way to the hotel on your own or hope they will come to the bus square to collect you.

St. Thomas
4. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

K Thanks so much!! How do you know all of this??! :-)

St. Thomas
5. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

I'm looking at possibly staying at Theoxenia in Santorini....is that a good choice?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
6. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Theoxenia wouldn't be my first choice but it's a nice enough hotel. I personally wouldn't want to stay in a hotel located right in the middle of all the high-priced gold and art shops when I could go just across the 'street' and down the cliff a bit and stay in a lovely cavehouse with an excellent view of the caldera. The good thing about Theoxenia and the other hotels in that general vicinity is that if you take the bus and don't have a lot of luggage, maybe a roller bag and a small carryon at most, you can walk there from the bus square. Walk out of the bus square, turn right and walk up to the corner, cross the street and continue straight ahead on uphill towards the sea. This will take you no more than 5 minutes from the bus square. When you reach the 'street' I mentioned the Atlantis Hotel will be on your left. Turn right and walk about 100 yards to the entrance to Theoxenia, which will be on your right.

In that same general area but down the cliff and with a great caldera view are the Scirocco Apartments, Porto Fira Suites, Tzekos Villas, Aigialos Houses, Panorama Suites Hotel (they have an elevator down the cliff!), Loucas Hotel, Hotel Kavalari and Enigma Apartments.

St. Thomas
7. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

OK Thank you!! I'll keep that in mind. Do you have any suggestions for places to stay in Mykynos? I'll be there for 2 nights as well. I am considering staying at Vienoulas Gardens, is that a good choice?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
8. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with Mykonos. I do know of a lovely hotel right on the water that's inexpensive by Mykonos standards for what you get. It's not in town, however, so you might not want to stay there. It depends on what you're after. Take a look : http://www.mykonosthea.com

9. Re: Visiting Santorini in June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 am, June 20, 2013