We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel do you recommend for us?

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Changwon, South...
which hotel do you recommend for us?

I'm going to santorini 18-20, Feb, 2012. I'll be with my friend and her child aged 8. Three of us hate being chilly in a room. And the room should be clean. That's all we want.

I'm thinking of 3 options. Antonia apartment, Kafieris Apartments(fira), residence suites(oia). Do they all have a working heater system? Which is best? Your recommendations are welcomed. Looking forward to getting your answers... Thanks!!!

One more question: how far is it from fira to oia by car?

CRETE
reviews: 16
1. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

If you will stay in a cave house, you will not need heating. Cave houses are warm during winter. Although most of the cave houses have heating devices (my preference is not an aircondition). Just ask.

Oia is only 20 minutes drive from Fira

Weesp, The...
reviews: 70
2. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

In Ioa it is quiete in the winter, I would recommend to stay in the caldera, but than in Firostefani near Fira. In Ioa is quiet in the winter. In Firostefani I recommend Shine Hotel, present here on TA. 4 Star Quality for 2 star prices in the winter and excellent service, heating and Volcana view

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
3. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

If a hotel offers A/C it will also have heating as the heat comes from the same wall-mounted unit as the A/C. You just have to adjust the temperature.

I agree that you should probably stay in Fira or Firostefani. The rest of the island will be very quiet in February. Here's a list of hotels open all year: http://www.santorini.com/hotels/allyear.htm

Edited: 10:29 am, November 21, 2011
thira
reviews: 2
4. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

You shoud know that cavehouses can be be very dump and uncomfortable at wintertime if the are not very well maintained. Avoid Residence Suites as also everything will be closed in Oia that time ( e.g.right now in November. there is only 1 cafe and 1 supermarket open......)

5. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 am, February 13, 2012
6. Re: which hotel do you recommend for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, November 25, 2012