We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 51
Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Looking for recommendations on a hotel that is located in Fira or Firostefani. Here are the strict requirements...

(1) Not too many steps to get to from main pedestrian shopping and restaurant streets - this unfortunately eliminates many hotels :-(

(2) Great caldera views

(3) Swimming pool (not a tiny plunge pool)

(4) Ideally with balcony to sit and admire the view!

Thanks.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

on caldera hasnot roads only steps! and pathways. great view without steps isnot great!

Thanks

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
2. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

How many steps is too many?

What is your maximum daily room budget in euro?

What are your travel dates?

Ottawa, Canada
3. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Looking for something with not more than 20-30 steps to get up to main walking level. I have previously stayed at the Scirocco. That was well down the cliff, had way too many steps - not only to get to the hotel, but also once you are at hotel - our room was like 5 floors above the pool.

As for budget... expecting to spend max 180 Euros/night for the room. Looking for accomodations for about 5-6 nights in early Oct.

Thanks.

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
4. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

The only one that comes to mind that might have fewer steps is the Cosmopolitan Suites, but you'll have to contact them for details. Looking at www.booking.com I did a trial booking for October 4-9 and their basic room was €180/night, non-refundable.

Ottawa, Canada
5. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Yes, I noticed the Cosmopolitan Suites myself, though their smallest room is at the top of my price range.. Something to consider. I also notice the Atlantis Hotel. That seems to have a good sized pool and good caldera views, no??

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
6. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

I could work, but not all the rooms at the Atlantis face the sea and most of the pool deck area doesn't face the sea either.

I can't remember for sure but I think Villa Ilias in Firostefani only has a few steps. Check their special offer for October. http://www.villailias.gr

Edited: 12:01 am, September 11, 2011
Gold Coast...
reviews: 106
7. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Villa Ilias has several rooms with very few steps.

Ottawa, Canada
8. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Ok, I'm reading many reviews from people complaining their hotel pools were cold in August!!!?? Does that mean I shouldn't even worry about whether a hotel has a pool in mid-October? Or do some hotels have a heated pool?? It seems the Nefeles has a heated (small) pool. Is that less than 30 steps down the cliff face??

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
9. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

Almost all pools on the island are NOT heated. If the winds are strong and the nights cool an unheated pool will not be very inviting.

10. Re: Hotel - pool, caldera view, not too many steps to get to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 20, 2012