We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
reviews: 1
Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Hi,

We are six girls travelling to Oia for 3 or 4 nights the end of July.

We cannot really spend more that 50/60 Euros per person per night and the top knotch places seem out of range. At the same time, we dont want to compromise on the view.

Any suggestions?

Also, if we do not get a hotel with a perfect view are there places in Oia to go and chill out and watch the perfect sunset and see the volcano and white houses as the sun turns them all red?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
11. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

The Lampetia doesn't have a direct sunset view but the colors of the sunset will be visible in the sky and on the surrounding buildings. It's view is of the caldera. The village is indeed small so it's easy to walk to the west end to watch the sun set into the sea. I don't have any experience with Lampetia's pool.

I think the Ether's pool is much nicer, and if you want to be able to sit around and enjoy the sunset you couldn't find a better location.

I think 4 nights is the minimum it'll take for you to see everything on the island.

My experience with the beaches of Naxos and Paros is very limited. I enjoyed my time on Paros. I truly don't think one island excels over the other, just pick one and you'll be happy. If you want more info about these two islands, go to fodors.com and post some questions there in their Greece forum. There are a couple of 'regulars' there who are very knowledgeable about Naxos and Paros both.

Athens, Greece
12. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

You know brotherlee you have been very very helpful. Based on the things you have written here and on Fodors you are a very reliable source and I am really happy that you take such time to answer questions, for nothing in return.

This is my last and really decisive question. From the Ether Studio's can you see the surrounding village as the white homes turn redish colors?

I got a nice price from Ethers and I think we're going to book there. They told us 270 Euros for two studios for the 6 girls per night. That is the best price for quality we have found and we think we're going to book. Also, Ive decided to stay an extra night. I think 3 nights would truly be too little.

Next, we'll probably go to Naxos but we're not 100% for sure.

I'll update you when we find out!!!

-Sevi

Athens, Greece
13. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

ok ok one more questionnnnnnnnn :)

Volcano VIllas or Ether Studios?

:)

Sevi

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
14. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Thanks for the kind words!

From Ether almost all of the village is cut off from your view.

If you want the unobstructed sunset view choose Ether. If you want a caldera view with the village changing colors at sunset choose Volcano's Villas.

Paris , France
15. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Hi seviWevi,

there is a hotel right in the main road to Oia where the view is superb from the uper floor and i think that the money you've set must be enoughthe name is Museum hotel and you can find it on GoogleAlso below in the linked page ,santorini portal offer you access in many hotels with caldera view including Oia

Give a try and mostly check what is availiable to do on the island

Notice..Join also the meeting site to learn some Greek and get familiar with the local culture and hospitality...

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9605-Do_you_sp…

Athens, Greece
16. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Is Musses Studios in a good location in OIa? Anemomilos Hotel?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
17. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Both the Musses and Anemomilos are located in positions to take excellent advantage of the beautiful view of the sea beyond Oia with the island of Ios in the distance, but neither have a view of the caldera. I stayed in the Musses Studios last time and my room (#4) on the upper floor even had a view of the sunset, although it wasn't the best view in the village.

I think Artspirit meant to say that the Museum Spa was on the main pathway through the village, not out on the main road.

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
18. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

If you'd like to see a photo of the view from the Anemomilos and Musses let me have your email address.

Athens, Greece
19. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Sure! seviwevi@aol.com

Are they near the heart of Oia?

Sevi

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
20. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay in Oia- 6 Girls

Oia is a small village, from the center to either end is only a maximum of 20 minutes on foot.

Check your email.