We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iliovasilema or Strogili?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kauai
reviews: 10
Iliovasilema or Strogili?

Please help with my decision so I can stop shopping. We have only a few days in Santorini and leave on an early flight. Can you rate the two on location, best view of caldera, strolling distance to village and restaurants and quality of rooms.

Any advice on the early flight? How far in advance do you have to get to the airport?

Thanks to all the experts who love Santorini....I'll be posting reviews on my return.

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Iliovasilema or Strogili?

Strogili is in Oia, Iliovasilema is in Imerovigli. If you're in Imerovigli you have an uphill walk back to the hotel from Fira of about 1.5 km, something you might not enjoy on a full stomach or with a few drinks under your belt. There are no bad views of the caldera. You need to be at the airport at least 1 hour in advance for a domestic flight.

Do you prefer close proximity to Fira's nightlife? If so, then Iliovasilema is best.

Kauai
reviews: 10
2. Re: Iliovasilema or Strogili?

Our idea of nightlife is a nice dinner at a local style restaurant, a bottle of wine, gaping at the stars from our terrace and early to bed so we can get an early start on a hike or ramble around the island.....thanks for the input.....I think your vote is for Oia, brotherleelove, am I right?

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
3. Re: Iliovasilema or Strogili?

Without a doubt. But I've noticed that there's beginning to be so many lights on at night now that it's getting harder and harder to see the night sky. I never thought that would happen. Strogili, being just outside the most illuminated section of Oia will probably be perfect for stargazing.