We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Villa

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LONDON
Private Villa

Hi,

I want to hire a private villa on Santorini for 4 adults, I want it to be authenitc and interesting, maybe a bit rural and nothing too fancy (as the nice villas are so expensive). Any ideas where i could go?

Thanks

sarah

Athens, Greece
reviews: 50
1. Re: Private Villa

i recomend villa katikies

www.katikies.com/santorini-villas/index.html

or the apartmentsd,maisonetes , of ikies

www.ikies.gr

check them...both have lovely facilitites and amazing views

Athens, Greece
reviews: 50
2. Re: Private Villa

it would be hard sarah to have a private villa without being expensive in the most famous greek island.....; )...on the other hand you have so many other choices on lovely and unspolt greek islands....like serifos,kefalonia or chios where you can have a private villa on the half price

Paris , France
reviews: 1
3. Re: Private Villa

Hi sarah 140, what i sugest you to do is to post an offer and your

own number or mail so people who need to post back can get to you...

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1121-Follow_th…

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
4. Re: Private Villa

If you're talking about a detached house they are difficult to find and very expensive. The island architecture has not developed that way. Private houses are just that, private. So when you do find them you'll pay a lot to stay in them. Instead what you'll mostly find is small complexes with multiple "houses" all connected to each other by common stairways and sometimes a terrace with swimming pool.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/europe/greece#1131

Iliana House: www.greecetravel.com/villas/cyclades.htm

www.santorini.com/hotels/windmill-villa/

Paris , France
reviews: 1
5. Re: Private Villa

Hi brotherleelove ,

those houses that you ar mentioning are hotels adapted to the island's caldera style construction..

I believe Sarah doesn't wish to be in a hotel of any kind...

She wants to meet the local reality of living in a private house which are many without access on the net ...

In the island live 6000 people but have 90000 bedrooms..

Where do you think live all those who work on hotels , restaurants etc?

There are a lot of private house in the caldera or on the beach all around the island and the best she has to do is to publish her offer and specify her options for accommodation..

Its a part of a Forum task to make people find each other right?

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1121-Follow_th…

6. Re: Private Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 18, 2009