We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 1
Honeymoon

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon at the end of may. We are going to do greece for a week then italy. Any suggestions on ultra romantic spots in santorini? heard oia was the town to stay. pricing is not an issue. thanks in advance.

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Honeymoon

There are so many to choose from. Oia is the most beautiful and romantic village on the island.

Check Aspaki Suites' Endless Blue, Oia Castle's Sunset Suite, Andronis Villas, Perivolas Villas, Ikies Traditional Houses, Nostos Apartments, Kima Villas, La Perla Suites, Atrina, Esperas, Fanari Villas, Mystique, The White House, Caldera Villas, Canaves Oia, Delfini Hotel's Cave House Suite, Chelidonia Villas' Apollon Cave House and the Golden Sunset Villas.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
2. Re: Honeymoon

The first place listed above by BLL (Endless Blue) is *THE* spot on the isle..this little 'Blue domed house' has got to be the most photographed locale on the isle...you'll see it everywhere on postcards, etc.. The outdoor jacuzzi on an incredibly LARGE terrace posseses some of the best views anywhere:) This is 'self-service' in that you go to the local market and pack up your fridge with water, whatever..total privacy! Check it out at www.artmaisons.gr .... From personal experience, I can also say that Ikies (www.ikies.gr) is another fabulous property..different...located at the edge of Oia but with a pool you may want to take a dunk in (although still cool in May, being from NY and chances are - used to the Atlantic beaches- you'll take the dunk..lol!) ... We were there early May and couldn't resist the plunge:) An incredible breakfast is served to you each morning on your terrace and they do have a life fare menu throughouot the day that can be served either by the pool or 'room service':) Bear in mind these placed get sold out fast being in high demand so would start some serious planning at this point if you're interested in any of these..limited space in Oia to accommodate all the romantics:) Congrats fellow NYers and happy planning....Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
3. Re: Honeymoon

Congrats. And as you're well advised, I'll only add that you shouldn't bang your head against the wall trying to choose one place over another. Stay in Oia, of course, but keep in mind that all of these places are spectacular. Just ensure the place has what you want (the right view, breakfast included or not, pool, jacuzzi, kitchenette, etc -- whatever you need) but don't sweat the minutiae (which one looks more romantic??!!!!!! Is the veranda bigger on this one or that one??!!!!) or you'll go nuts.

Happy planning. You'll love Oia.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
4. Re: Honeymoon

Very wise words spoken from someone who's had the 'experience' of planning..lol:) How's it goin' MN?! Enjoy all!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
5. Re: Honeymoon

Goin' well, Litsa. How are you?

Happy Thanksgiving!

(See? I still make it back to this board from time to time.)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
6. Re: Honeymoon

Always great to see ya here, MN:) .... So far, so good! A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, too:) Thanks.. and always..Enjoy!

New orleans, La
7. Re: Honeymoon

also heading to santorini for a honeymoon in Late April. any other thoughts on stops along the way...fly into athens, then to santorini, maybe myknos...or somewhere in Turkey even? there are almost too many options that I'm not sure where to begin. We looove to eat, drink and dance, but also like quiet beach time, exploring ruins and wandering around a city unable to speak the language. and do not want to run into too many other tourists! Thanks for the input...

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
8. Re: Honeymoon

Amyw76-

The islands will be fairly quiet in April, but keep in mind that April 27 is Greek Easter, and the few days before and after will be very busy. It will be next to impossible to get last-minute bookings on planes, trains, ferries and in hotels because of all the Greeks going home for the weekend and then returning to work in Athens. Be sure you have your hotel, plane and ferry reservations confirmed well in advance.

Naxos and Paros are close to Santorini and both have very nice beaches and reasonable prices.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
9. Re: Honeymoon

Well, you won't be running into too many tourists on the isles late April:) This is when the isles start getting ready for the 'Season' which pretty much starts April when most (not all!) of the Hotels begin opening:) Mykonos appears to fit your preferences but again, it won't be really into 'gear' that early in the Season..You don't mention how much time you'll be there for...that would help us in advising as including Turkey would entail either a flight from Athens (to Istanbul)?...or were you looking at getting to Ephesus or Marmaris via a Greek Isle?! This would definetely involve much more time than just 'adding on' a neighboring isle from Santorini:) Congrats and Enjoy!

New orleans, La
10. Re: Honeymoon

ah ha...I will be leaving new orleans monday april 21, and must return to work Thursday May 1, giving us 10 days of travel and vacation. I've read about santorini and have wanted to go for some time, so this seemed the best opportunity. but we're open as to other places to stop during the week...and mds1230 - I apologize for taking over your forum!