We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 3
Where to stay

Hi all,

I'm still having trouble picking where to stay in Zanzibar in January.

We're looking for a good beach...relatively safe from jellyfish and tides so we can swim.

Need air conditioning.

Don't need too much partying - this is mostly to relax.

Thanks!

Zanzibar, Tanzania
1. Re: Where to stay

I would propose Matemwe quiet and cool not party area but the low tides is 1 km away can swim only at high tides.

Kendwa is all through tide available to swim with nice white long beach but you dont want party area to which this side is..but still you can keep away and relax on your sun bed.

New York City, New...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Where to stay

We stayed at The Residence in Kizimkazi and it was fantastic. The best hotel we've ever stayed at. It was nice and relaxing - we'd highly recommend it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 108
3. Re: Where to stay

We are also traveling to Zanzibar after our safari in January. After months of research we settled on The Sultan Palace. I have no idea if we will be happy but it looks very nice, it is air conditioned, and they quickly responded to e-mails. Cost is $150 - $170 per person per day all inclusive except for drinks. Round trip transport, provided by them, from the airport is $120 for the 2 of us.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
4. Re: Where to stay

Hello,

The above suggestion is good but what is your budget ?

5. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014