We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
reviews: 1
A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

Hey guys!

My friend and I ( 24 yr old females) are spending the first week of June in zanzibar after volunteering and doing a safari in tanzania. We are having a hard time debating where to stay. We have narrowed it down to either Nungwi or Kendwa. And has a few hotels in mind from what we have heard. I am looking for any suggestions . here is what we are looking for :

1) a place where we can meet younger people as we want to do some partying.

2) A place where we can swim and has a beautiful beach for tanning ect.

3) A budget place but livable! lol ... we don't have super high expectations but don't want a nightmare experience

4) A place that we can snorkel or a place that will assist us in finding a place to snorkel.

Any advice would be lovely !!! thank you!!!

Poznan, Poland
reviews: 25
1. Re: A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

A place called Kendwa Rocks meets all the above requirements. Quite on budget, great beach, a lot of partying, young crowd.

I didn’t care for it too much because there was too many young party oriented travelers for my taste and the hotel standards were not up to my expectations, but my requirements were different.

Snorkeling – no point of snorkeling from the beach (no reef from the beach anywhere on the Island). You should consider a boat trip. you will be able to arrange it with any hotel.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

thank you so much, i have heard of this kendwa rocks so i will def look into that!

Stavropol, Russia
3. Re: A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

Hello,

Few years ago we stayed at Zanzibar bungalow in Kiwengwa north east coast of Zanzibar.Its quite,budget and have sea food restaurant,for us wa so great time.

.www.zanzibarbungalow.com

Good lucky.

Ken G

4. Re: A week In Zanzibar-Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2014