We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Elizabeth...
Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

We are travelling to Zanzibar early May this year and staying in Kiwenga. Our agent has arranged our transfers with Sun Tours in Zanzibar and I checked with them on tour options and they offer the following,

Jozani Forest Tour

Stone Town Tour

Spice Tour

Prison island Tour

Dolphin Tour

Safari Blue (full day trip on locally constructed sailing dhows)

Can anyone recommend any specific tours that are really worth doing?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 93
1. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

Welcome to TripAdvisor. There is a section of TripAdvisor with reviews of activities. I would suggest that reading these will give you an idea of people's reactions. Everyone has different criteria, so hard to know what draws you. Here is a link to get you started. tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g482884-Activitie…

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

You MUST, do the tours that match your interests and budget.

What are they, and we can help.

If someone wanted to dive with Great White Sharks, we wouldn't tell them to visit Robben Island.....

I've done 3 of those tours. I found them worthwhile, but I don't know if you would be interested??

Poznan, Poland
reviews: 29
3. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

Spice tour is a MUST

Safariu Blue (the original one) is great and we enjoyed it very much (you can see my review)

Prison Island is a nice 2-3 hours break in sightseeing in ST. Giant Turtles are amazing.

Chicago
reviews: 36
4. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

I toured Stone Town and I'd say that's a must. I also did the spice tour, and I'd say that if you like to cook or really enjoy food (as I do), you'll love the spice tour.

Pasco, Washington
5. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

I did the Jozani Forest Tour (right across the street near the mangrove forest where they take you) is a Sea Turtle Sanctuary, we asked our guide to take us there. Not ready for prime time, but we enjoyed it. I would do this again.

Did the spice tour, it was ok, lots of pressure to sell you goods.

Stone Town tour, enjoyed that. We had him take us to the market, as I wanted some spices, and we saw the fish market there.

Prison Island was good.

On the way to PI, we had dolphins follow us, did not do a specific dolphin tour.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
6. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

To enjoy your holiday in Zanzibar worth to do is the Safari Blue....along day full of fun.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
7. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

It will be better if you can pick the tours that will go along with your ineterest after reading the tour details before booking.

This will avoid you going into tours that are not of your interest and boring at the end

London, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

Have you ever heard about combination of tours and cooking class we did that, marketing tour, spice tour and cooking class, I found was great value, you get market tour of Stone town, spice tour and cooking class if interested on trying out new Zanzibar food when you go back home, this you must do, its interesting, the main activity was cooking class but it involved more, I enjoyed despite seeing some bit of cultural differences which can sometimes give you amusement and shock, like cooking water from the plastic buckets, running chicken in the farm having their daily meals , chicken can interact with you while you are eating by coming closer , the staff chase them away though, its has been amazing learning day to me from seeing locals how they bargain when they buy stuff which is impossible to do this in America or Europe, spices where they are grown and their extensive uses was very informative , later I was taken to the local building which was not sophisticate as the kitchen you would expect for cooking class, AMAZING experience.

I recommend this and I did it with Tangawizi Restaurant Zanzibar.

Chicago
reviews: 36
9. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

shara22, from your profile photo of the nutmeg & mace, I see you enjoyed the spice tour as much as I did. I love the idea of the cooking class . . . we didn't investigate that but I would have enjoyed experiencing their kitchens.

10. Re: Recomended must do tours in Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2014