We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

My girlfriend and I stayed in Zanzibar for two weeks in January 2013. In the beginning we got the hotel to call for taxis for us. Many of them were driving unsafe and often tried to push tours, etc. on us.

After a while we found a really good and reliable taxi driver. His name is Mwalim and he drives safe and charges decent prices.

His phone number is: +255773161230.

If you're going to Zanzibar and want a good taxi driver, we can really recommend Mwalim!

7 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 38
1. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

How did you find him?

thanks

Oslo, Norway
2. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

He was one of the random taxi drivers the hotel called for us. He was friendly and drove safe and calm so we asked for his card. After that we called him every time we needed a ride.

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 18
3. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

very helpful thanks! i just called to book a ride from the airport in 2 weeks. he said he'd just charge us 40 USD.

Oslo, Norway
4. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

That's nice to hear! Wish him all the best from Elisabeth and Runar!

Zanzibar, Tanzania
5. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

Thank you so much and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay in zanzibar.

You are more than welcome next time

Leeds, United...
6. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

Hi, just following up on this post, I'm travelling to Zanzibar in August with my husband and would prefer someone recomended to take us around the island, did you find this taxi driver reliable and safe too and also reasonably priced? Thanks

Edited: 1:03 pm, April 13, 2013
Stone Town, Tanzania
reviews: 41
7. Re: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar

I am right now on Zanzibar, using lots of taxi back and forth. And when i get a good taxi driver i take his number. So, this guy i met already last year, and using him again now, his name is Ali, he has a car licensed for 4 people. Hi charges 10 000 TSH ( approx little less than 7 usd, while others charge up to 20 usd)from Airport to Stone town, 40 usd to any place on the beach, starting from stone town or opposite. He is reliable, careful driver and i highly recommend him. I will also post some pics on my blog so you will see the driver and his car within next week www.travellingcorner.com . His number is +255777461320 Ali.

Reply to: Recommended taxi driver in Zanzibar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted