We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania/Zanzibar honeymoon

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Tanzania/Zanzibar honeymoon

Hi everyone

My fiancée and I are looking for places to honeymoon in August, and Zanzibar came to mind. Our budget would be no more than about £2500 or £3000 in total (including flights from London) and I would like to know what kind of trip that would buy us. Our perfect holiday would involve:

- staying in a small, secluded resort right by the beach. Large, commercial resorts don't appeal to us at all, but we would like a pool, a restaurant, airport transfers etc.. (For instance, the next paradise resort is the kind of thing we would like)

- a suite/bungalow/chalet with nice views or beachfront location.

- a nice beach with good snorkelling and other activities available, but not too commercial or busy.

- flights that don't take absolutely age ages from London (obviously it's long haul, but I'd rather the trip wasn't like 18 hours each way)

So I was wondering if you think that on our budget we could afford this kind of honeymoon, and if so, whether you had any suggestions about where to stay, who to fly with, what to do etc? I'm well aware that it might not be possible - I tend to have expensive taste that isn't backed up by an overflowing bank account.

Thanks for your help!

Zanzibar, Tanzania
1. Re: Tanzania/Zanzibar honeymoon

Please advise the budget that you have for zanzibar Excluding flights and the night that you would like to stay here so that we can give you a detailed advise.

Regards

Solomon

SA
reviews: 47
2. Re: Tanzania/Zanzibar honeymoon

A lovely resort is Mapenzi Beach Hotel. It is not too busy but you still have all the water sports on your doorstep. I would sugget staying a night or two in stone town, take a trip around the markets and do a sunset cruise. Then head up north of the island. Book your trips (snorkelling, dolphin watching etc) with the guys on the beach you will pay half what the hotels charge for the same experience.

3. Re: Tanzania/Zanzibar honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 10, 2014