We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visits on your own in zanzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 2
Visits on your own in zanzibar

I notices that there are a lot of organized tours in Zanzibar. the turists don't have also the possibility to visit the villages like Kizimkazi or other beaches on themselves etc? is there the possibility to rent a Scooter for example?

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

Sure, but how do you find your way round the villages? How do you communicate with the locals? Not impossible, but a whole lot easier if you have someone who knows the village.

I went on a tour of a village with a local, who showed us into a couple of houses, and some of the local activities, like rope-making. Also took us to the local school.

All very enlightening and he made a couple of bucks.

Most of the villagers are not used to tourist wandering around, and there is a lot of poverty.

Bucharest, Romania
2. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

It makes sense, thanks

Zanzibar, Tanzania
3. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

Thare are tours that will make you reach the villages and enjoy your time with the locals like Cultural tour. This will take you to the local villages with a proffessional guide and you will have a look at how th locals live in the villages and experriance the village life and activities.

This i believe will be very convinient for you to enjoy the village tour without any hassle.

Bucharest, Romania
4. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

thank you for the information. it's very useful :) I'll note it down

Zanzibar, Tanzania
5. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

you are More than welcome and welcome to Zanzibar looking forward to see you

Welcome to Zanzibar

6. Re: Visits on your own in zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar