We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what’s really with the weather?

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poznan, Poland
reviews: 25
So what’s really with the weather?

I am planning to be in Zanzibar form Jan 22nd to Feb 6th. When planning this trip I was reading that Jan and Feb are so called “short dry season” and it should be sunny and dry. Looking at the forecast for the next couple of weeks I am seeing everyday storms, rains and overcasts. Anyone there now? What’s the weather like? I know that weather is not really an exact science, but what should I expect at the time of my stay there?

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
1. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

What to expect and what you get can be different. The weather patterns all over the world are changing. UK just had 2nd wettest year in last 100; record temperatures in Australia, etc.

Simplest is to expect rain, then if you don't get any, you will be pleased.

Zanzibar
2. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

Currently is Cloudy,thundery shower in some part of the Island.

Hot and humid

Max Temp 31c and Min 26c

But is neither on daily basis no throughout the day.

Still get sunshine.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Kent
3. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

Hi,

Just to let you know that as Zanzibar is very flat (what with being a coral island) which means that any rain clouds pass over very quickly. If it were to rain it would do so fairly hard and fast and would dry up again very quickly.

I hope this helps.

Poznan, Poland
4. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

thank you for yor replies:)

dorset
reviews: 38
5. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

We have just returned from 3 weeks on Zanzibar. For most of our stay the weather was hot and sunny. We had a couple of storms that included torrential rain (each lasted less than a couple of hours). The last couple of days have been overcast and cloudy.

Just bear in mind that it is very humid at this time of year, so it is very hot and sticky whether or not there is any sunshine!

Alberta
reviews: 5
6. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

Sitting right now on chumbe island off of Zanzibar......the last two days have been hot and sunny! Bring lots of sunblock!!!

Poznan, Poland
7. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

I sure will. thanks. Can't wait:)

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 33
8. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

pier21,

3 weeks in Zanzibar!!! Wow. I was 3 days there out of which 3 were too many!

redsnapper30, rain or sun, it does not matter. If you like hanging in the bar you will enjoy it regardless.

Deinze, Belgium
reviews: 6
9. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

We came just back from Zanzibar and before leaving and check in for the weather on Internet I was also afraid for bad weather.

Sometimes is cloudy , this gives you beautiful sky's, and protects you a bit from the heavy sun.

It can rain for 5 minutes and then the sun comes again. This is very refreshing,

Don't worry is not the rain that we are used in the north.

Have a good time!!!

nyc
10. Re: So what’s really with the weather?

Even on cloudy days, being on the Equator especially the sun will/can burn... be sure to have plenty of SPR to protect yourselves.