Dear TripAdvisor members,
Happy New Year to all of you!! Thanks for contributing to this great site!
I am planning to go one week to Zanzibar at the end of January and I must say....I am a little bit lost! There are a lot of conflicting opinions about where to stay and the quality of the hotels!
I wanted to go to Baby Bush in Kiwengwa, because I am not fan of big resorts with private beaches, I prefer when it is owned by local people. But I heard that the tide is important everywhere except the north.
I want to relax on the beach and swim, of course! But also do a little bit of something else, like visiting a little bit the island (Stone Town and villages), I guess there's plenty to see. And also a few water activities (snorkeling, ...).
So here are my questions:
1. Do you have any comment about Kiwengwa? Is the beach nice? It seems that there are things to do around, right?
2. Can we still swim a few hours per day in Kiwengwa?? Or is it difficult? Or is it easy to stay in Kiwengwa and reach other beaches by transportation (Dalla-dalla)?
3. In general, is it easy to move on the island? The distances seem small and I've seen that there's affordable public transportation.
4. Would you suggest to split: a few days in Kiwengwa / a few days in Kendwa? Or somewhere else?
5. Any advice for hotels? My budget is around 30-40$ per person. Anyone tried the Baby bush? And in the north, what about Les toits de plame?
6. Any great tip? ;-)
Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!!!