We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation Ideas

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 375
Accomadation Ideas

Hello,

Im going to zanzibar end of july for 1 week.

Im a single traveller, 26, easy going laid back , looking for relaxing , beautful time in zanzibar.

I like watersports & snorkelling maybe a day trip or two.

Accomadation just needs to be clean friendly , on beach, good food nothing to fancy , or westernised .

I have come across Simba eco beach resort in Kiwengwa. Feedback ?

thanks any help appreciated

Zanzibar
1. Re: Accomadation Ideas

The Choice of North East Coast and North Coast is nice for Single travelers also best starting point for Water Sport activities.

Simba Beach is located in a nice Beach but is of basic standard.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

London, United...
2. Re: Accomadation Ideas

Thanks, 4 info what resorts hotels come to mind? In either if those areas with what I'm after?

Deinze, Belgium
reviews: 6
3. Re: Accomadation Ideas

Here is our experience with Simba Beach:

We went to Simba beach hotel second week of January.

We wanted to stay for 2 nights, but finally we left the next day.

The place is not bad, with really good food. Chantal the manager is very nice.

Is not really expensive for what you get. This hotel is really new and everything is clean.

But... few points: everything begins with coming in. you come in in a patio full of junk, broken chairs, bicycles, hanging laundry... Chantal, if you read this.. the first impression is the must important. Decoration is not bad. It is a pity from the tiles they put on the flor of the rooms and terrace. They are the kind of tiles you find in a second hand apartment in the out squirts of Napoli. Colored concrete is so much nicer in a place like Zanzibar!!!

They have 3 dogs that are following you everywhere and pissing on the beach where you go bare foot to swim of walk. They bark you awake in the middle of the night.

The manager was watching tv very load the whole time we where there.

When electricity cuts ( this happens at least once a day in Zanzibar) they have a really noisy generator just besides the bedrooms!!! Nice to get sleep...And then the location... The beach is nice bad so full of tourist as Benidorm beach. You don't do such a big trip to find the same than at home!!! OK, you can say that for 50 dollars you can't expect more. It's maybe true, but again with a little effort from the manager would be much better.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
4. Re: Accomadation Ideas

I will advise that you get closer to nungwi and parsailing will offer you the best water sports as they are specialized in that.

Thare are many hotels in that area that are under you classification but you will have to advise your budget foe someto be able advise further.

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 16
5. Re: Accomadation Ideas

I would also advise Nungwi. It is more geared up for the single, social, travellers. They also have the best beaches up in Nungwi / Kendwa area. There are lots of great little restaurants and bars so you are not confined only to your hotel. Lots of trips and excursions are available like Zanzibar Parasailing who do all water sports, Diving companies who do diving and snorkelling at Mnemba Atoll, local dhow building, visit the turtle sanctuary, full moon beach parties at Kendwa Rocks etc etc.

London, United...
6. Re: Accomadation Ideas

Thanks for info,

Any hotels in these beach / areas budget is £50 a night. To be honest i don't really know what to expect with value 4 money there? So explain if poss ! Thanks again

7. Re: Accomadation Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 23, 2014