We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some doubts

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montevideo, Uruguay
Some doubts

Hi!

With my wife we’re handling travel to Zanzibar in April or May (we love storms, the clear air after the rain and the colors of the clouds&sea)

I honestly can`t find in the forum and have some questions, if you could kindly help us:

No signal for internet phones on the island or we need to be closer to places with Wi-Fi for connection?

Which would be the daily range cost for a budget aligned to $ 90 per day bungalow rental ? (cooking aat home several days) Our idea is spend 15 days at Paje beach

It´s feasible transporting from Stone Town to the beach by night (cab) ? We thinking crossing trough ferry from Dar (must check ferrys schedule). We didn´t like what we read here about Zanzibar airport. Although we travel from Uruguay - South America and bribery and tips are common coin, when we be there, in this Paradise, we would rather to avoid such situations

Thanks in advance and happy 2013!

Zanzibar
1. Re: Some doubts

There are signals for Internet phones in Zanzibar because these will depend on network coverage and the Paje Village area is all covered by All Telephone Operators.Many places have Wi-Fi in place

What I know is that,there is no Self catering Bungalow for rent at this area,most of its beach side is covered by Hotels of different sizes.

Can book a bungalow like other guests and use their in house facilities.

It is possible to cross by Cab to and from Stonetown at anytime

The ferry to Zanzibar is

07h30

09h30

12h30

15h30

I don`t think if Zanzibar Airport has much on what you have said,still safe to fly.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 55
2. Re: Some doubts

I think you have read a few isolated examples of problems at Zanzibar airport. Most people do not have problems. It is a very small airport and you can walk through it from plane to taxi in under 2 minutes!

Montevideo, Uruguay
3. Re: Some doubts

Thank you very much buddies !!

The cabin in which we thinking is at the link below.

Well done ! Internet air coverage is critical for us, is how we were'n touch with anxious children and grandchildren.

Bungalow yessss ! we adore cooking our own meals and roast fishing pole pole (as we doing here, in Cabo Polonio summertime)

For sure we'll be bother you little more with some questions.

What about storms in April ??

50 bucks per day/head, just to survive we'll be enough ? We must be thrifty, airfares consuming us $ 5 000 (however a bargain to reach our dream)

Nice end year!

Paulo

Montevideo, Uruguay
4. Re: Some doubts

Sorry, bungalow link:

http://www.tripadvisor.es/

VacationRentalReview-g616020-d1946236-or9-Mapenzi_Bungalow-Paje_Zanzibar_Zanzibar_Archipelago.html#REVIEWS

surrey
reviews: 25
5. Re: Some doubts

I haven't been to Zanzibar as yet - going in just over 2 weeks time but from my research I've noticed that there are quite a few beaches that are in remote areas and may not have any local shops or markets meaning that you would have to stock up before getting to your self catering accommodation. That would be something to keep in mind. I don't know about Paje beach - that may have a shop or market.

Your fares are expensive - have you considered getting yourselves to Buenos Aires and buying your ticket from there - there's a very good search site -

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm where you see all the option - you still have to go to the airline or a travel agent to book. The cheapest I found for random dates in May is UYU30,738 ($1,531) on South African Airways from EZE (BA) connecting in Johannesburg. The cheapest on the same dates from Montevideo is $2,400 connecting in Sao Paulo and Dubai with a total flying time of over 45 hours each way whereas the flying time from EZE is between about 13 hours and 31 hours.

6. Re: Some doubts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 01, 2014