We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poznan, Poland
reviews: 29
Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

We finish our holiday at the Red Money Lodge in Jambiani on Jan 28th and and have a 4 a.m flight next day from Zanzibar Airport.

I booked a hotel in Stone Town form the last night before the departure.

My idea is to go leave Jambiani around noon and go to Jozani Forest, do the forest tour and see the butterfly centre and finish in the evening at the hotel in Stone Town. Now I need to work out the logistics. What is the best way to do it?

Here are my questions (may be totally off?)

1. Should I take a taxi from Jambiani to the forest and then from the forest to the Stone Town (how do I arrange it, should the driver wait?) or is there a better/cheaper way

2. Can we get a guide at the forrest or should I arrange it earlier?

3. How much time should I plan for the forrest tour and the butterfly centre?

Any advice appreciated.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

Your hosts can arrange a taxi.

Ask it to wait at the forest.

Take a guide. You can get one when you arrive.

Allow an hour for the short tour. No idea about the butterfly bit.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 74
2. Re: Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

1 and 2. You can easily arrange transport from Jambiani to Jozani. I used a private driver named Juma R Juma, who I can recommend. When you arrive, a ranger will take you on a tour for about three hours while your driver waits. Juma knew I was especially interested in birds so he arranged for a particular ranger who he thought would be the better birder.

3. The butterfly farm will take about an hour.

This link will take you to my trip report, which might give you the info you want tripadvisor.com/…40713998

Zanzibar
3. Re: Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

Monkey at Jozani Forest are well observed and active in the morning,although there are more than that of interest which can be observed at any time.

Butterfly centre is closed to it.

Jozani Forest have their own Guide as well as butterfly Center,so no need to have a guide and no need to arrange it in advance.

Butterfly entrance is US$ 5

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

4. Re: Jambiani - Jozani - Stone Town, helpful info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 19, 2013