We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in zanzibar

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Honeymoon in zanzibar

Hi all, I'm planning a honeymoon to zanzibar in the beginning of April after spending a week in safari. I've been doing research however I'm still very confused as to where I should go on the island. We want some luxury and a nice beach and we both like doing activities and exploring.

I hope someone can shed some light on this matter as I'd like to get this sorted ASAP and not delay it any further.

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

Hi,

What is confusing you? All resorts are good, as are the beaches.....

There are reviews on here (on left) and elsewhere, so you can read what others think of the resorts, and select accordingly.

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 16
2. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

What is your budget? It is much easier to help recommend some hotels if you give us some more specific details.

surrey
reviews: 25
3. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

Peter - I agree with the OP on the fact that choosing where to stay on Zanzibar is very confusing - probably the most confusing place I've ever had to decide on. I think the fact that there are so many small hotels with excellent reviews in what looks like equally nice locations. I'm lucky in that I've got a couple of friends who've been there but if I was starting from scratch I'd have to just stick a pin on the map!

I don't know if you saw my recent thread on the Pongwe Beach Club - if you were just going on reviews you might choose that but as it isnt ever mentioned on here as somewhere to stay - that means that for me it's out. It doesn't help that this is a very quiet board with very few people doing trip reports.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 53
4. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

So why not let others into what is wanted? Big/small? Expensive/cheap? Laid back/formal? busy/quiet? sunrises/sunsets?

Just saying "I'm confused doesn't get us any further forward. "Some luxury" is a bit vague. Why not mention a price.

And although there are many reviews, it would be helpful mention some that take you fancy? Then people can start to advise.

But if you aren't that fussy, and belief that most places will give you a good experience, then simply choose a couple in your price range as a shortlist and focus on them.

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 16
5. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

I agree with Peterscot, specifics make it so much easier for us to help shortlist some ideas. I have seen so many threads where people give a vague idea and you recommend places you think are nice and it turns out to be way out of their budget.

Give us some specific details of what you are looking for, it helps us better to point you in the right direction...

england
reviews: 11
6. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

Pongwe is stunning .We spent a week here a few years ago . It really does have has the wow factor and was / is ? not expensive at all. We have recently returned from Pemba and we were disappointed . Pongwe and Zanzibar only bettered by the Maldives in my opinion .

Dar es Salaam
reviews: 11
7. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

you can try breezes beach club

Bolton, United...
8. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

Thank you all for your comments.

My budget is around £3000 all inclusive although I may be able to stretch it to £3500-£4000 if I am getting that extra bit of quality and comfort. We want to stay on the island for 7nights.

With respect to location, we would like somewhere with a nice beach and not too busy and not very secluded. Somewhere with romantic views of the sunset and sunrise. Stone town is a place We would like to visit however we are willing to travel up to 45mins for that.

In terms of some hotels I have seen are, the residence, la Gemma.

Zanzibar
9. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

Above has clarified a little bit but the point of not being in a busy area and not in secluded area is another challenge.

Being busy will depend on the time of the Year(Mostly Peak season and High Season)

Here are some options:-

Baraza Resort

Melia Zanzibar

Hideaway of Nungwi Resort

Kilindi Zanzibar

*Gold Zanzibar

*Diamond Star of the East

*La Gemma De`ll Est

*Busy in Peak and some other time of High Season

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

10. Re: Honeymoon in zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 19, 2013