We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport info please

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south africa
airport info please

We will be landing at 9.50am (hopefully!!)on 3rd Jan and need to catch the 11.15am flight to Pemba. Dont know if local and international flights are all at the same airport? Will this be possible or will we be cutting it fine? Will also have to get visa.The only next flight to Pemba is after 2pm and after such a long flight ....sitting around doesnt apeal!!

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
1. Re: airport info please

I am assuming you are referring to Zanzibar airport. If so there is only one and ony one Terminal on it as well.

Provided your paperwork is in order, Yellow Fever Certificate a "good idea", 85 minutes should be plenty.

"sitting around does not appeal!" I assume you are new to East Africa. You may be in for a lot of 'just sitting around'. Get used to it!

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
2. Re: airport info please

The last time I walked through ZNZ airport from plane to taxi rank took about 5 minutes. Add a couple of minutes for luggage and another 10 for a visa...

south africa
3. Re: airport info please

I live in Africa, so I am used to "Africa time"! You learn to not let it stress you. Its just after that loooong flight we want to get to the beach!

Yes we will be arriving in Zanzibar and then flying on to Pemba.

Thanks for the replies.

nyc
4. Re: airport info please

'long fllight from SA' - sure not as long as those arriving from Europe or even the States/Canada, or Australia!

ZNZ aiirport is very small and handles both int'l and domestic. You should have more than sufficient time to connect for ongoing to Pemba.

And do be sure you have the YF inoc as it'll be needed for your return to SA.

Isle of Man, United...
5. Re: airport info please

I agree. Three or four hours from JNB is nothing. Heck we do that within Europe.

south africa
6. Re: airport info please

We actually leave Cape Town at 7.00pm(Wed) then depart Joburg at 10.00pm and have to go through Niarobi, arrive Zanzibar at 9.45am- Thursday. 13 hours plus, I think that accounts for a long flight! We were originally booked on Pricision but they are no longer flying out of JB, what a nightmare!, but it will be worth it.

Thanks for the tips.

surrey
reviews: 25
7. Re: airport info please

That's equal to a flight from Europe. You'll be looking forward to getting to your hotel on Pemba. I'm sure that connection time for the 11.15 flight will be fine if you have no salads.

nyc
8. Re: airport info please

... with that routing, sure is 'long flight' so guess you'll know what the rest of us go thru.

Enjoy your holiday.

Isle of Man, United...
9. Re: airport info please

The Pedant in me suggests it is not a long flight. Merely two short ones and a medium one. It is changeing planes in JNB and NBO that consumes the time. Not to be envied of course. Been there done that. A penalty we pay for living in lovely places.

south africa
10. Re: airport info please

I like the positive attitude .... I,ll remember to tell my family, two short and a medium flight, suck it up! Beautiful country SA sure is! Yep, penalty definately worth enduring.

Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar