We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

Which Zanzibar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 9
Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

I just returned from a trip to Zanzibar cut short because i was cheated of a huge amount of money by a bogus travel agent.

Just to warn everybody DO NOT under any circumstances book with Wilson Bagira/Nasari Eliakamu of www.distinctivej.com.

The Company is called

Distinctive Journeys(dont confuse this with the travel company of the ame name based somewhere in USA...)

This one lists offices in Arusha,Dar,and StoneTown-all bogus i guess and even has a picture of Wilson Bagira on the website as well as Facebook,believe it or not.

Warn everybody travelling to Tanzania.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 74
1. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

Please provide details--what happened?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

His travel agency is absolutely bogus and he cheated me of alot of money pretending to book me on a safari....btw i trusted Siwandu-Selous Safari Company who wrote to confirm my booking without informing me this cheat did not pay for the booking.

Partly i hold Selous Safari Company responsible for leading me on and for the very rude way they responded.

Be careful .

Paris, France
3. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

I had the same experience.

This guy is fraud and company non existent. STAY AWAY.

Do not send any money to anyone in this part of the world without checking due diligence and identity verification.

Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Dar es Salaam
reviews: 16
4. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

Well I wouldn't send money to anyone in the world without checking due diligence. Fraud is worldwide unfortunately.

California
reviews: 17
5. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

Sorry to hear of your experience and thanks for spreading the word! Any details you can provide to fellow travelers will go a long way.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
6. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

We are sorry to her that this happened to you but hope this will not be your last visit to Tanzania. U are welcome to for some more holidays as there mant reliable tours operators that you will like and trust.

Halifax, Canada
7. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

I am the last from East Africa, i went of safari with this company Distinctive Journeys for 17 days Wilson was helpful, i went through Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Natraon, Tarangire and Zanzibar. Every thing went as planned before, there is nothing to be changed. I can not complain.

Sheffield, United...
8. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

How strange, after reading post 7 there was a distinct smell of rat coming out of my laptop vents (or was it fish?) !!

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
9. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

Ooh! Sir Ivan. What are you saying? Serves you right for not cleaning your Lap top regularly. If sylvia was the last from East Africa maybe it was her that put the lights out?

10. Re: Beware of This Fraudulent Travel Agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 22, 2014